Lead Operations EngineerApply Now Job ID: R0000068487 job family: Process Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Store Operations is continuing to transform the way it operates. Here, your work directly supports the store mission to be the guest favorite through successfully developing and communicating the processes for operations, style and experience, new structures, new operating models and new technology, and utilizing workforce management activities for our 1,800 locations nationwide. Store Operations manages and enhances the informational resources for researching and resolving operational issues, while guiding and communicating with the field team and leaders who use them. Are you a customer service enthusiast who can actively listen to many points of view and then visualize how they’ll perform when operationalized in a store? Are you happy to partner with leaders as well as field team members who are often the experts on how well a process is working? Can you creatively envision more efficient processes and how they’ll deliver a better experience for guests and team members? Do you possess the innovative mindset to question the status quo, and the confidence to work under varying degrees of ambiguity and well-informed experimentation? Then you’ll have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role with Fulfillment Operations means a big opportunity to apply your logistics, supply chain and fulfillment experience to continuously improve the strategies that fuel behind-the-scenes processes like fulfillment, replenishment and inventory accuracy.
The Lead Operations Engineer will design, test, and implement optimal process solutions in Stores by applying engineered standards to identify the most desirable outcome. The Lead Operations Engineer will lead assignments and function as a consultant on cross-functional project teams to deliver on key strategic initiatives. This role will validate assumptions, identify best-in-class performance benchmarks, and apply engineered standards to design process solutions. They will spend time designing proof of concept ideas, pilots, and plan out chain-wide roll out strategies focused on the adoption of efficiency guidelines and behavior in stores. The Lead Operations Engineer identifies areas for productivity and process improvement through analysis and modeling, leads events to test, and realizes process improvements from implemented changes. In this role, you will perform continuous external benchmarking of in store processes to identify synergies, model future retail innovations, and build future process roadmaps that leverage robotics & automation.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field of study
- 6+ years of work experience in ecommerce, supply chain, or operations
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills
- A proven ability to lead and influence others
- A strong ability to identify, define, and resolve ambiguous problems
- Experience in driving organizational change and resolving problems that are without clear precedent
- An ability to manage and adjust to multiple competing priorities on the fly
- Green Belt Certified and familiarity with Lean/Six Sigma concepts
- Ability to apply basic statistical measures of central tendency, regression, and dispersion
- A deep knowledge base in fulfillment operations and experience directly leading hourly employees
- Experience with large-scale automation equipment and robotic technology
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Flexibility to travel to and from store and vendor locations (~20% of the time)
- A MBA or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Operations, or related field of study is desired
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture