Lead Operations EngineerApply Now Job ID: STO000QLU Date posted: 11/16/2018 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Store Operations is continuing to transform the way it operates. Here, your work directly supports the store mission to be the guest favorite through successfully developing and communicating the processes for operations, style and experience, new structures, new operating models and new technology, and utilizing workforce management activities for our 1,800 locations nationwide. Store Operations manages and enhances the informational resources for researching and resolving operational issues, while guiding and communicating with the field team and leaders who use them. Are you a customer service enthusiast who can actively listen to many points of view and then visualize how they’ll perform when operationalized in a store? Are you happy to partner with leaders as well as field team members who are often the experts on how well a process is working? Can you creatively envision more efficient processes and how they’ll deliver a better experience for guests and team members? Do you possess the innovative mindset to question the status quo, and the confidence to work under varying degrees of ambiguity and well-informed experimentation? Then you’ll have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role with Process Operations means a big opportunity to apply your logistics, supply chain and fulfillment experience to continuously improve the strategies that fuel behind-the-scenes processes like fulfillment, replenishment and inventory accuracy.
The Lead Operations Engineer will design, test and implement optimal process solutions in Stores by applying engineered standards to identify the most desirable outcome. The Lead Operations Engineer will lead assignments and also function as a consultant on cross-functional project teams to deliver on a key strategic initiative. This role will validate assumptions, update and apply engineered standards to design process solutions. It will spend time designing proof of concepts, pilot and develop a chain wide roll out strategy focused on adoption of efficiency guidelines and behaviors in stores. The Lead Operations Engineer identifies areas for productivity and process improvement through analysis and modeling, leads events to test and realize process improvements from implemented changes. In this role, you will perform continuous external benchmarking of in store processes to identify synergies, model future retail innovations and build future process roadmaps that leverage AI & automation.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering or Statistics preferred)
- Minimum 6 years of practical experience, including either retail or supply chain experiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to lead or influence others
- Strong leadership and conflict management skills
- Strong ability to identify, define and resolve ambiguous problems
- Proven experience in collaborating with and influencing cross functional groups across enterprise
- Ability to build strategic vision and drive organizational change
- Ability to resolve problems that are without clear precedent
- Ability to manage and adjust multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage projects effectively
- Ability to advocate for and present recommendations to senior leaders
- Green Belt Certified and/or demonstrated knowledge in utilizing various engineering optimization methods (Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma)
- Ability to query and extract data using SQL
- Ability to apply basic statistical measures of central tendency and dispersion
- Strong computer skills (MS Office) and ability to adapt quickly to using digital tools
- Ability to use AutoCAD, SketchUp
- MBA and/or Master in Engineering Desired
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture