Lead Operations Research - Network Decision SciencesApply Now Job ID: R0000084036 job family: Data Science schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOIN US AS A LEAD OPERATIONS RESEARCH - NETWORK DECISION SCIENCES
Target is an iconic brand, a fortune 30 company and one of America’s leading retailer. At Target, we strive to be preferred destination of shopping for our guests across all channels by delivering outstanding value, continuous innovation and an exceptional guest experience.
Target Global Supply Chain & Logistics (GSCL) team is an evolving at fast pace. We’re constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest faster and more efficiently. Network Planning and Global intelligence (NPGI) team is at the forefront of defining future road map for GSCL. Our NPGI team includes intelligence product teams and aligns them with network planning experts to build industry-leading inventory management and last-mile capabilities. The NP&GI team is made up of Network Planning & Decision sciences, Future Transportation, Inventory Health, Sales and Operations Planning and Order Management System.
About this opportunity:
Do you want to shape the future Supply Chain and Logistics strategy for a fortune 30 company and one of America’s leading Retailer? Do you want to optimize Target’s Global Supply Chain end to end, from sourcing to delivery of packages to guest? Are you excited at the prospect of analyzing large data sets and developing complex algorithms, simulation and optimization models to solve real world problems?
A role in Network Decision Sciences gives you the opportunity to contribute to a team at the forefront of defining future Omni channel operating models for our supply chain across First, Middle and Last Mile. You’ll develop cutting edge data pipelines, optimization/simulation models to design and operate Target’s Global Supply Chain in fast and efficient manner while partnering with global stake holders in Finance, Merch and Stores to enable supply chain transformation.
As a Lead Operations Researcher you’ll:
- Develop an understanding Supply chain operational and financial metrics of supply chain through data analysis.
- Analyze large amounts of supply chain data at the most granular level & develop key metrics to evaluate the performance of Supply Chain across Sales, Transportation, Operations and Inventory.
- Develop creative solutions for individual modules of end to end supply chain optimization models and solve the problem leveraging complex algorithms, Machine learning, Simulation and optimization modeling techniques
- Perform root cause analysis to understand key drivers of operational performance, variance in the projected outcomes.
- Interpret results from the models and provide insights to the leadership team
- Engage and collaborate with Stake holders across GSCL and other teams to drive timely outcomes for the project
- Develop a clear and concise story & problem statements with data to influence decision making with senior leadership teams.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- PhD or Masters in quantitative field such as Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Data Sciences or equivalent work experience
- 2 plus years of industry experience with Doctoral degree or 5 plus years of experience with Master’s degree. Retail, Supply Chain, Transportation/Logistics experience a plus
- Extensive experience developing advanced Optimization, Simulation and Machine Learning techniques
- Advanced SQL experience and skilled with programming languages Python or R
- Constant learner eager to work on large scale OR challenges with a global, diverse team
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture