Lead Operations Research Scientist - Supply Chain Network Planning (REMOTE OR HQ)Apply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000234721
job family: Data Science
schedule: Full time
JOIN TARGET AS A LEAD OPERATIONS RESEARCH SCIENTIST – NETWORK DEMAND PLANNING
About This Opportunity:
Do you have a passion for shaping the future Supply Chain and Logistics strategy for a fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading Retailers? Are you excited at the prospect of disrupting the $6 trillion retail industry by designing, testing, implementing, and scaling cutting-edge Omni channel supply chain capabilities? Do you enjoy spearheading large scale changes and driving innovation through data and analytics? If so, Target’s Network Planning Team is for you!
As a Lead Operations Research – Network Demand Planning, you have the opportunity to lead a start-up environment within a Fortune 30 company. Your passion for data science and hand-on approach to problem solving will serve you well as you build consensus on the key strategies that will define Target’s long-range capacity for growth. The forecasts you produce will be utilized in world-class simulation and network design models to inform billions of dollars of investment in capital and new capabilities. Your self-starting predilection will empower you to traverse the organizational matrix from Finance, GIM, Merchandising, Store Ops, Properties, Digital – gaining new insights and perspective that will enrich the robustness and quality of the models you build. The narratives you weave will influence decision making at the highest echelons of the Enterprise, leaving your mark on the company for decades to come. This experience will accelerate your career development by pitting you against the most intractable challenges currently posed to the growth of our global and Omni channel supply chain.
- Develop and leverage state of the art predictive models to accurately forecast revenue streams, identify emerging business trends, and provide a holistic picture of supply and demand
- Define future-state capabilities, cost-to-serve, and operational capacity requirements using machine learning, simulation, scenario planning, and supply chain domain expertise
- Develop clearly defined problem statements that align to acute areas of focus within the business
- Leverage massive amounts of data to craft compelling narratives that exert influence across the organization, bolster enterprise growth initiatives, and support new business case development
- Communicate complex subject matter and key findings in a succinct manner with senior leadership stakeholders
- Collaborate with business stakeholders on both quantitative and qualitative forecast input parameters across Finance, Merchandising, Planning, GIM, Store Operations, Digital, Strategy, Pricing, and other teams as needed
- Develop proper documentation to help support the long-term build out the Demand Planning function at Target
- Iterative/ambiguous nature of the work
- Lead peers and mentor junior team members as needed based on the project.
- MS in quantitative field such as Operations Research, Economics, Finance, Data Science, Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience working in Supply Chain, Inventory Management or Demand Planning. Retail domain preferred
- Experience developing and deploying advanced optimization techniques, supervised and unsupervised statistical learning, time series analysis, anomaly detection and econometric models
- Extensive hands on experience with SQL as well as Hive, Spark and Python
- Accountable to forecast accuracy measures of success and is attuned to sources of error/bias
- Ability to learn proprietary data visualization and ETL software for reporting needs
- Deep passion for problem solving, empirical research, and continuous improvement
- Can make decisions with little to no guidance from manager or other leaders
- Comfortable navigating through ambiguity
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times yr.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $106,000 to $190,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture