Lead Portfolio Manager – Brand Management(Remote Or Hybrid)Apply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000261492
job family: Merchandising Process & Operations
schedule: Full time
By any measure, Target is one of the most successful and dynamic retailers in the U.S. today. Long an iconic brand, guests are increasingly choosing Target to meet even more of their omni-channel, cross-category needs. That success has been fueled by a best-in-class guest experience brought to life by the best team in retail guided by Target’s purpose of “Helping all families discover the joy of everyday life.”
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $100 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target’s resources and partnerships worldwide, Merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1900 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A core pillar of Target’s winning strategy has been a deep and sustained investment in differentiating with Owned Brands. Our robust and growing portfolio of owned brands continues to be a core driver of Target’s success – both in terms of profitable growth and guest loyalty. As of today, owned brands account for one third of Target’s sales and nearly half of its profit with an enviable growth trajectory into the future. That portfolio includes ten $1Billion+ brands with four of them achieving $2 billon plus, including powerhouse brands like Cat & Jack, Good & Gather, and Threshold. Leading the roadmap to growth across the portfolio is the Owned Brand Management Team. The Owned Brand Management Strategy and Operations team is core to the vision of Owned Brand Management, driving strategic enterprise alignment, removing resourcing and prioritization roadblocks, and unlocking potential for the team.
About the Role:
As a Lead Portfolio Manager, Brand Management, you will play a critical role in helping the Target Owned Brands organization achieve its goals. Within this role, you will ensure the development of long-term strategies that connect enterprise priorities to the Owned Brand portfolio. You will be responsible for synthesizing data and insights across a variety of sources and teams, both internal and external, to ensure each brand portfolio is differentiated and has clear priorities. You will play a critical role in influencing and guiding decisions across owned brand businesses.
- You will support the creation of portfolio strategies that are aligned to enterprise priorities and rooted in consumer, category, competitive, business and brand insight.
- You will connect dots across disparate bodies of work, synthesizing insights, and clearly communicating complex findings to focus on highest-priority opportunities.
- You will stay up to date on industry and consumer trends within the retail landscape, looking for white-space opportunities for Target owned brands.
- You will bring a future-facing perspective and deep industry expertise to influence and shape priorities for owned brand portfolio evolution and exploration.
- You will act as a thought partner for directors and senior directors across the brand management team, including director of Strategy and Operations and business unit (pyramid) brand management leaders.
- You will influence business teams and senior leaders to drive forward portfolio priorities connecting across merchant and enterprise partners to deliver best in class, iconic, brand portfolios.
- You will support the effective cascade of portfolio priorities across business units, designing and implementing varying methods to facilitate leader discussion & decision-making.
- You will synthesize qualitative and quantitative research data from primary and secondary sources to provide strategic implications.
- You will clearly articulate and compellingly present strategy recommendations.
- You will rally cross-functional leaders behind strategic choices by crafting compelling strategic points of view.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree required or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6+ years of experience within consulting firms, corporate strategy group, brand strategy or commutations agency experience
- Thrives in ambiguous, constantly changing environments, demonstrating resilience, adaptability and determination
- Passion for creating new approaches, iterating, and optimizing as you learn.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and embracing new perspectives
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence and inspire decision-makers with recommendations grounded in insights distilled from varied information sources
- Comfortable in creating and irritating on strategies based on subjective and objectives insights
- Innate curiosity with a strong desire to investigate complex strategic questions
- Critical thinker with strong bias for creative problem-solving
- Deep knowledge of retail landscape, shopping behaviors and guest mindset
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture