Lead Process Manager, Supply Chain- New Capabilities (HQ or Remote Based)Apply Now Job ID: R0000152531 job family: Supply Chain Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
About us: Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. We’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
As a Lead Process Manager in Field Operations, you will create process and management system alignment that compliments standardization and drives better business results in all departments and node types. You will champion our Continuous Improvement culture, act as a high-impact leader, influencer and change agent. You will mentor, influence, and coach leaders and business partners to ensure successful deployment Standard Work while ensuring sites are able to achieve top line metric success within Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity and Capacity. In partnership with building leaders, you will work to identify, prioritize, and lead through change improvement opportunities. You will act as a thought partner and collaborate with HQ and field leaders to address various business constraints such as throughput, labor, safety trends and equipment. You will also lead the development of implementation of executive onboarding and training curriculum in the sites that you support.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years field operations experience running multiple departments
- Process Engineering experience is preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in structured problem solving tools required (8-step problem solving, Statistical Process Control, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Standardized Work, Visual Management etc.)
- Change agent with strong credibility and influence while working in cross functional teams
- Proven strength in problem solving and data/ statistical analysis
- Project management skills including scoping, problem statements, goal definition, and timeline management
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement
- Excellent interpersonal communication, time management, presentation, and organizational skills with the ability to handle changing priorities and use of good judgement in stressful situations
- Able to access all areas of the DC, including mezzanine platforms
- Experience managing multiple, complex initiatives at one time
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with limited direction
- Knowledge of various parts of supply chain (logistics, distribution) or retail segments (apparel, food) preferred
- Enjoys detailed work and communicating updates to various levels of leaders
- Application of Continuous Improvement principles in a manufacturing or supply chain environment preferred.
- The successful candidate should be energetic, motivated and forward thinking with high ethical standards and the appropriate professional demeanor and presence.
Desired Competencies and Characteristics:
- Detail Oriented
- Bias for Action
- Drives Results
- Manages Complexity
- Agile Learner
- High Integrity
- Instills Trust
- Highly Accountable
- Energy, ability to Energize others, Execution and Passion
- This position requires extensive travel (approximately 25-50% post-covid environment) and personal commitment.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture