Lead Product Designer (UX) - Enterprise Design Systems
LEAD PRODUCT DESIGNER (UX) · Enterprise Design Systems
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Our purpose is to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. As a Lead Product Designer on our team you’ll bring that purpose to life across Target.com, Target apps and more through the design of new retail experiences and the evolution of existing ones.
About the role:
The Lead Product Designer for Enterprise Design Systems is responsible for creating, maintaining & implementing large scale reusable components, guidelines and principles that span the entirety of our team member-facing platforms used in different environments, such as headquarters, distribution centers, stores and vendor tools both domestic and internationally. As a lead product designer, you’ll be well-positioned to make an impact as a member of a nimble, friendly and high-performing team operating at the heart of Target’s growing digital business.
You’ll continuously engage with product, design, marketing and business teams to drive solutions that benefit our internal tools and consequently, our guests. Partnering with dev teams, you’ll be empowered to create innovative solutions that solve unique problems in the business-to-business retail market, at scale.
You thrive at the intersection of design, business, craft, technology and strategy. You’re a curious person who falls in love with juicy problems, empowering people and enjoys iterating toward a solution in partnership with other fellow designers, developers and business partners. You’re passionate about making an impact and effectively use data to set your direction. You present work clearly and effectively to educate others and gain support. You value design that is welcoming, inspiring and simple.
As a Lead Product Designer for Enterprise Design Systems, you’ll…
- Own the full design process, from early discovery and testing to asset delivery and pixel-tweaking with engineers
- Mentor other designers in the adoption, implementation and contribution to the main design systems
- Design flows that are intuitive, elegant and provide value for our teams and guests while accounting for a wide variety of scenarios
- Leverage data to inform and advocate for your direction
- Proactively identify and pursue design opportunities within your team
- Conduct and participate in research (with the support of our research team)
- Gracefully articulate and defend design decisions to peers, partners and leaders
- Collaborate wildly well with others including other designers, writers, engineers, product managers, QA staff, accessibility team members, and partners in marketing
- Consult with other teams across Target (apps, marketing, pricing & promotions, item, etc.) to ensure cohesiveness throughout the team-member experience
- Work well independently
- 7+ years of visual and interaction design experience
- Previous experience in building scalable design systems
- A portfolio featuring digital design work
- Experience shipping digital products (web, apps or software)
- Demonstrated expertise with modern design and prototyping tools (such as Sketch and InVision)
- Awareness of data and research methodologies and ability to conduct or partner with research experts
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to set clear design guidelines and principles
- Excellent collaboration and influence skills
- Able to work well in a large organization with many partners
- Able to articulate and defend design decisions with grace, logic and data
- Able to translate technical requirements into simple, engaging designs
- Track record of leading design on significant projects involving multiple teams
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture