Lead Product Designer (UX) - Global Content Team
LEAD PRODUCT DESIGNER (UX) · Global Content Team
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Our purpose is to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. As a Lead Product Designer on our team you’ll bring that purpose to life across Target.com, Target apps and more through the design of new retail experiences and the evolution of existing ones.
About the role:
The Global Content team is responsible for creating, maintaining and implementing visual components that span the entirety of our guest-facing platforms such as: navigation, inspirational content and category-browsing UI. As a lead product designer, you’ll be well-positioned to make an impact as a member of a nimble, friendly and high-performing team operating at the heart of Target’s growing digital business.
You’ll continuously engage with product, marketing and business teams to drive solutions that benefit both internal groups and our guests. Partnering with our design systems team, you’ll leverage insight-driven design to discover elegant solutions that improve site performance and enable our UX and Engineering teams to work more efficiently. If your approach to UX focuses on detail, quality, and systematic thinking, read on.
You thrive at the intersection of design craft and strategy. You’re a curious person who falls in love with problems and enjoys iterating toward a solution. You’re passionate about making an impact and effectively use guest and data insights to set your direction. You present work clearly and effectively to educate others and gain support. You value design that is welcoming, inspiring and simple.
As a Lead Product Designer, you’ll…
- Own the full design process, from early discovery and testing to asset delivery and pixel-tweaking with engineers
- Design flows that are intuitive, elegant and provide value for our teams and guests while accounting for a wide variety of scenarios
- Leverage data and guest insights to inform and advocate for your direction
- Proactively identify and pursue design opportunities within your team
- Conduct and participate in guest research (with the support of our research team)
- Gracefully articulate and defend design decisions to peers, partners and leaders
- Collaborate wildly well with others including other designers, writers, engineers, product managers, QA staff, accessibility team members, and partners in marketing
- Consult with other teams across Target (apps, marketing, pricing & promotions, item, etc.) to ensure cohesiveness in the guest experience
- Utilize and contribute to a design pattern library maintained by our design systems team
- Work well independently
- 7+ years of visual and interaction design experience
- A portfolio featuring digital design work
- Experience shipping digital products (web, apps or software)
- Demonstrated expertise with modern design and prototyping tools (such as Sketch and InVision)
- Awareness of data and research methodologies and ability to conduct or partner with research experts
- Excellent collaboration and influence skills
- Able to work well in a large organization with many partners
- Able to articulate and defend design decisions with grace, logic and data
- Able to translate technical requirements into simple, engaging designs
- Track record of leading design on significant projects involving multiple teams
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture