Lead Product DesignerApply Now Job ID: R0000086313 job family: User Experience & Interface schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
LEAD PRODUCT DESIGNER (UX) - Assortment Planning
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Our purpose is to help all families discover the joy of everyday life.
As a Lead Product Designer, you’ll bring that purpose to life across Target.com, the Target app and more through the design of new retail experiences and the evolution of existing ones.
APEX is a technology platform connecting workflow and data between buyer, planner, TSS and vendor during pre-season assortment planning as well as an in-season financial forecasting and business management for the buyer and planner-owned decisions. The data collected in APEX is shared downstream to Item, Presentation and Supply Chain. Value to Target for the use of this technology is improved accuracy of data collected at the right time by the owner of the data, improved efficiency by sharing data systematically and improved financial decision making through year-over-year item negotiations, setting and monitoring segmentation strategies and tracking profitability against both financial and assortment architecture goals.
You thrive at the intersection of design craft and strategy. You’re a curious person who falls in love with problems and enjoys iterating toward a solution. You’re passionate about making an impact and effectively connect data insights, business goals and users’ needs to set your direction. You present work clearly and effectively to educate others and gain support. You value design that is welcoming, inspiring and simple.
As a Lead Product Designer in the Assortment Planning space, you’ll...
- Own the full design process, from early discovery and testing to asset delivery and design reviews with engineers
- Design flows that are intuitive, elegant and provide value for our guests while accounting for a wide variety of scenarios
- Leverage data, business and internal users’ needs to inform and advocate for your direction
- Have full ownership of the experience for an enterprise web application used by team members at headquarters offices.
- Apply Lean UX with an Information Architect lens
- Define processes and flows to a myriad of varied user profiles
- Proactively identify and pursue design opportunities within your team
- Gracefully articulate and defend design decisions to peers, partners and leaders
- Facilitate design workshops and sprints
- Quickly prototype and iterate on solutions
- Collaborate wildly well with others including other designers, writers, engineers, product managers, QA staff, accessibility team members, and partners in marketing
- Consult with other teams across Target (design systems, guest facing, internal tools and accessibility) to ensure cohesiveness in the team member experience
- Utilize & contribute to a pattern library maintained by our design systems team
- Work well independently
- Be open to experimenting with new ways to work
- 7+ years of visual and interaction design experience
- A portfolio featuring digital design work
- Experience shipping digital products (web, apps or software)
- Demonstrated expertise with modern design and prototyping tools (such as Sketch, Zeplin and InVision)
- Awareness of data and research methodologies and ability to conduct or partner with research experts
- Experience in communicating and collaborating with engineers
- Able to lead initiatives linked to business goals and OKRs
- Proficiency in building metric-based-apps through data visualization
- Excellent collaboration and influence skills
- Able to work well in a large organization with many partners
- Able to design flows within an ecosystem tailored to a variety of user roles
- Able to articulate and defend design decisions with grace, logic and data
- Able to translate technical requirements into simple, engaging designs
- Track record of leading design on significant projects involving multiple teams
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture