Lead Product Owner - Marketing DataApply Now Job ID: BUS0001MR Date posted: 01/08/2019 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
The Enterprise Testing and Measurement team is tasked with the improvement of decision making at Target through the use of business knowledge, big data and analytical skills. Product teams at Target Corporation are accountable for the delivery of product outcomes. Product outcomes are a combination of delivering business value features, and creating a technology system that is easily maintained and highly reliable. Product teams have one shared backlog that is inclusive of all product, technology and design work.
As a Lead Product Owner, you will work in the product model and will lead the development of a comprehensive product strategy and set key business objectives (OKRs) for your respective product area. You will need to leverage extensive knowledge of your product, as well as, customer feedback and other relevant data points to assess value, develop cases, and prioritize the direction and desired outcomes for your product.
You will be the “voice of the product” to all outside stakeholders to ensure that their needs are met and that the product team is getting the leadership and support that it needs to be successful. You will need to cultivate strong relationships across the enterprise in order to drive collaboration and alignment with key partners and stakeholders across pyramids.
You will develop and actively maintain a product roadmap outlining prioritization for the customer themes, technical needs, and design challenges to be delivered and you will be accountable to make final decisions on scope and prioritization relative to the product backlog. You will be accountable to create and manage product objectives and key results, key metrics for your product, as well as related P&L impacts.
You will oversee progress against product backlogs to ensure work and priorities are in line with the product strategy while prioritizing themes, epics, and stories, to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with the product strategy.
- Deep customer empathy and passionate about building delightful product experiences
- Strong experience in cross-platform experiences (Mobile, Desktop)
- Strong experience in growth foundational skills like A/B testing, analytics and data, user research, storytelling and psychology
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics and to directly perform data analysis in SQL or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to articulate a strategy at every level of the company
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing, information systems, business or related majors.
- Ensure stories clearly communicate strong affinity for UI development, with an understanding of the developer community and the landscape of tools and technologies developers use to bring products to market, including platform-as-a-service, CI/CD, team collaboration, devops, containers, and data services the customer and stakeholder needs to meet key business objectives and strategies for the product.
- Maintain and refine backlog: Create user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritize all stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum business value that align with product strategy.
- Work in scrum team, ensuring the teams are aligned around similar goals and objectives and attending all scrum meetings.
- Inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization’s direction
- Foster a sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles
- 7+ years of experience with 2+ years in a product role or equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and tech teams
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- An understanding of statistical analysis and A/B testing, or experience using marketing data analytics product
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to develop compelling customer-facing presentations
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively.
- Bachelor's degree required, Computer Science or commensurate experience strongly preferred. MBA a plus, but not required.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture