Lead Product Owner - UIApply Now Job ID: R0000064582 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Lead Product Owner US –
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Behind one of the world’s best loved brands is a uniquely capable and brilliant team of data scientists, engineers and analysts. The Target Data & Analytics team creates the tools and data products to sustainably educate and enable our business partners to make great data-based decisions at Target. We help develop the technology that personalizes the guest experience, from product recommendations to relevant ad content. We’re also the source of the data and analytics behind Target’s Internet of Things (iOT) applications, fraud detection, Supply Chain optimization and demand forecasting. We play a key role in identifying the test-and-measure or A/B test opportunities that continuously help Target improve the guest experience, whether they love to shop in stores or at Target.com.
A role with Target Testing & Measurement is a chance to help develop our in-house strength for getting the maximum value from Target’s many data assets. We see data as a product and an opportunity to experiment and refine our approach to new guest experiences. This is how we bring to life what wasn’t possible yesterday, and generate new revenue sources for Target in the process. Our purpose is to accelerate omni-channel A/B testing to fuel the continuous innovation that we believe is the key to exceeding guest expectations in our stores and digital channels. Together, we positively impact changes to various initiatives, processes and interdependencies that require exceptional data collection, measurement and analysis—ultimately leading to quicker and more meaningful decision-making at Target.
About the Job:
To succeed with this important mission, we are seeking a Lead Product Owner to lead and implement our vision for Collection and A/B testing program analytics at scale at Target through consistent implementation and standardization of our APIs. In this position you will be in the center where business, product, analytics & insights, research, and technology meet.
Collection and A/B testing program analytics are a core function of our Analytics and Experimentation products. The platform is built on a modern technology stack that operates at web scale enabling Target to accelerate decision making from User Interaction data and A/B testing into actionable decisions.
Product Teams at Target are accountable for the delivery of business outcomes enabled through technology and analytic products that are easy to use, easily maintained and highly reliable. Product teams have one shared backlog that is inclusive of all product, technology, discovery and design work.
As a Lead Product Owner, you will work in the product model and will partner to develop a comprehensive product strategy, related roadmap, and set key business objectives (OKRs) for your respective product. You will need to leverage the knowledge of your product, as well as, customer feedback and establish other relevant data points to assess value, develop business cases, and prioritize the direction and desired outcomes for your product. You will lead a product and work in unison with engineers, UX designers, data scientists and business partners to deliver a product.
You will be the “voice of the product” to key stakeholders to ensure that their needs are met and that the product team is getting the direction and support that it needs to be successful. You will develop and actively understand the market, maintain a product roadmap and backlog outlining the customer themes, epics, and stories while prioritizing the backlog to focus on the highest impact work for your team and stakeholders.
You will encourage the open exchange of information and viewpoints, as well as, inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization's direction. You will foster sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles, and partner with product teams across the organization to help them achieve their goals while pursuing and completing yours. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Makes use of research, user studies, metrics and competitive analysis to understand the platform and business needs for the product. Process, review and interpret customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights
- Identifies innovations or performs test and learn experiments to create features that add more business and customer value for the product
- Drives the design of the user experience and works closely with UI/UX
- Determines release goals for the platform and prioritizes assigned features according to business and platform value, adjusting throughout implementation as needed
- Coordinates internal forums to collect and identify feature-level development opportunities
- Owns and manages product documentation; enables self-service support and/or works to reduce overhead
- Identifies feature risks from business and customer feedback and in-depth analysis of operational performance; shares with senior leadership
- Establishes a network within the organization; begins to build internal and external networks
- 4-year college degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science or related field
- 3+ years working as a Product Manager managing data platform, monitoring, analytics, or data visualization software products
- Launched multiple successful products and features, preferably with different deployment models (on-premises, cloud and/or hybrid)
- Experience with UI development for web and/or native mobile apps with a strong end to end product focus
- A deep understanding of and empathy for users
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and technology teams
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. user stories, iterative development, scrum teams, sprints, personas)
- Proven ability to lead a body of work with cross functional partners in a fast paced environment
- Experience with user testing and AB testing
- Working knowledge of web technologies, and distributed systems
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics and to directly perform data analysis in SQL or similar
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to articulate a strategy at every level of the company
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture