Lead Program Mgr Property Management - Energy & SustainabilityApply Now Job ID: R0000129070 job family: Business Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Lead Program Manager, Property Management - Energy
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target’s distinctive brand love is infused throughout its many physical locations by the Properties teams. We have a direct and positive impact on the real estate, design, construction and maintenance of our stores, distribution centers and headquarters. Are you ready to help strategically grow Target’s brand through leading-edge design, development, construction and preservation? Can you effectively balance the efficiencies of a large-design build company with the unique challenges and innovative solutions required by individual sites? Then take your place on one of our Properties teams, and help us make the most of Target’s physical assets, both in the U.S. and overseas.
A role in Property Management means the opportunity to maximize the performance and longevity of Target’s assets while delivering value, reliability and brand integrity. Leverage and stretch your skills, whether your focus is electrical and plumbing, fire and security, smart buildings, HVAC and refrigeration, waste management and recycling, donations programs, or energy and sustainability programs. Here, your work will exceed the needs of both Target guests and team members, delivering a holistically positive and pleasing experience, every time they walk through our doors.
As a Lead Program Manager on our Energy and Sustainability team, you’ll play a key role in leading and supporting efforts to achieve our public Sustainability Goals. We are looking for a thought leader that will continue to identify and drive strategic, science-based approaches forward supporting our Goals to source 100% of Target’s electricity needs from renewable sources and reduce our Greenhouse Gas Emissions by 30% by 2030. You’ll be an Energy Policy, Regulatory Analysis, and Utility Rate expert, and work with internal and external stakeholders in developing public-facing policy positions, statements, and submitting testimony before Public Utility Commissions. Using your industry experience and analytical skillset, you’ll lead and partner on the assessment of onsite and offsite renewable energy, storage, and demand response program offerings. This role also collaborates across multiple teams in providing expertise and input to Scope 1, 2, and 3 Emissions and CDP reporting submissions. Leads and manages Target’s inventory of Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs), Carbon Offsets and the associated vendor relationships and agreements.
Participate and represent Target with industry associations, build external peer networks, and inform/educate Target leaders of industry trends, innovations, and recommended areas of priority. Contribute to defining and refining Emission Reduction Goals and priorities. Build business cases using data/analytics, influence across the organization, and identify potential programs/projects that align with Target’s Sustainability and expense reduction objectives.
Partner with key stakeholders across the company (Corporate Responsibility, Government Affairs, Legal, Finance) to move Sustainability work forward.
Job duties may change due to business needs.
- BS degree in Climate/Environmental Science, Sustainability, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or area of study related to economics or analytical fields.
- 7+ years of combined experience in business, sustainability, the sciences and/or NGO community
- Subject matter expert and experience in public or private sector Energy Policy, Rates, and Regulatory matters/analysis
- Strong understanding of global business climate best practices and industry standards
- Highly collaborative, ability to engage in interactive discussions with business leaders and team members
- Current on new ideas and tools
- Strong understanding of climate data and structures
- Strong influencing skills; ability to inspire and empower others to drive change
- Strong analytical, financial, reasoning, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to maximize relationships - team player/inspires others/takes partners across all levels of the organization and with outside vendors
- Resourceful problem solver
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture