Lead Program Mgr SC - Middle Mile TransportationApply Now Job ID: R0000084369 job family: Supply Chain Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role on the Middle Mile team in Global Transportation and Logistics means applying your specialized and well-informed point of view to manage our strategic and tactical initiatives in the Middle Mile. You’ll use the right combination of data and operational expertise to engage with our internal and external partners to drive them to a level of precision and focus on performance well beyond the norm. You will help scope a broad set of initiatives and ideas to help identify the specific problem scope, potential impact and the resources needed to solve. You’ll also be actively engaged in developing solutions alongside experts from across the organization including Field Operations, Operating Solutions Design, Store Operations, TTS, Inventory Management and Data Science.
As a Lead Process Manager Supply Chain focusing on Middle Mile Transportation Operations and Projects, you will be responsible for managing the movement of inventory between Target nodes, (RDC to Store, DC to DC), through collaboration across pyramids, consistent execution of standardized processes, and carrier performance management to drive optimal execution and on time performance for our Target teams and Guests. You will also develop strategies and business value cases for enhancements or fundamental changes to various transportation-related processes, protocols, and network configuration. You will need to delegate and influence across a diverse set of support and stakeholder groups, ensuring a common understanding of goals and objectives, and identifying and monitoring tasks to ensure timetables are met and resources are coordinated properly. You will work with Sr. Leaders to define business problems and gain enterprise support on proposed solutions and their activation. You will need to proactively identify risks and dependencies and drive resolution, as well as provide inputs to other GTL functions, such as process definition, metrics development, and analytics. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Work in partnership with Inventory Management, Field Operation, Operating Solutions Design, TTS, Data Science and Store Operations on solving key transportation and Supply Chain initiatives.
- Execute key freight flow strategies and support crisis management – working with Field Operations and Store Partners to be successful
- Lead data-driven analysis and continuous improvement activities within the Middle Mile
- Use data trends, reporting, and collaboration to develop short and long-term process improvements to enhance Target’s Middle Mile Transportation Operations.
- Maintain partnerships between Regional Store Teams, DC Operations, Engineering and Facilities, Asset Protection and broader Transportation Teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, supply chain related degree or MBA preferred
- 5-10 years supply chain and/or stores experience. Transportation specific experience a plus.
- Strong organization skills in creating project plans and milestones for self and others.
- Demonstrated structured problem solving experience and experience leading through ambiguous situations and influencing without authority across diverse stakeholders
- Strong communication and facilitation skills that can be tailored to different audiences and environments
- Ability to think in terms of the future state, challenging the status quo, and identifying paths to operationalize new solutions from current to future state
- Experience developing or launching new business capabilities and/or experience in strategy development or consulting
- Highly flexible and comfortable working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple parallel efforts within a complex, highly matrixed organization
- Can make decisions with minimal guidance from leader
- Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP) or Agile credentials
- Lean / 6 Sigma experience
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture