Lead Project Architect SpecifierApply Now Job ID: R0000119892 job family: Architecture schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Lead Project Architect Specifier
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target’s distinctive brand love is infused throughout its many physical locations by the Properties teams. We have a direct and positive impact on the real estate, design, construction and maintenance of our stores, distribution centers and headquarters. Are you ready to help strategically grow Target’s brand through leading-edge design, development, construction and preservation? Can you effectively balance the efficiencies of a large-design build company with the unique challenges and innovative solutions required by individual sites? Then take your place on one of our Properties teams, and help us make the most of Target’s physical assets, both in the U.S. and overseas.
A role in Store Design-Architecture means the opportunity to apply your innovative and sustainable architectural design and technical expertise. Your work will ultimately help define the physical experience. The interactions and connectivity between the physical, digital and human elements Target develops for our guest, will evolve the brand image in store and ultimately support Target’s business strategies. You’ll interpret program and scope details to integrate them with interior and exterior site design and aesthetic for new stores, remodels and innovation projects
As a LeadProject Architect Specifier, you will play a critical role in the delivery of all Store Design programs by acting as a key liaison between design consultants (Architecture & Engineering) and internal stakeholders (including Target Architecture, Engineering, Store Planning, Construction, and Property Management). You will help develop and deliver the right tools and resources for Target’s Design Consultant pool that will guarantee flawless delivery of all design documentation. You will manage Master Specifications for New Stores, Remodels and Small Format Stores; developing solutions and researching new products. You will also support internal partners to resolve ongoing building maintenance, repair and replacement projects and develop design criteria for use by Target’s design consultant partners. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4 Year accredited degree (architecture, interior design or engineering)
- CSI Certified Construction Specifier preferred
- 7-10 years relevant experience (retail preferred)
- Experience executing programs with significant cross-functional representation
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to lead a cross functional team, while thinking strategically and conceptually.
- Self-motivated with a high level of accountability to coordinate multiple programs, develop and adhere to schedules, prioritize workload, work in a fast paced, challenging and continually evolving environment.
- Working knowledge in CAD systems beneficial (Revit, MicroStation)
- Experience with technical aspects of building envelope design, construction details, building forensics; including items such as water intrusion, architectural hardware, and paint coatings.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SmartSheets, BlueBeam, Adobe Acrobat
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture