Lead Project Manager SC - Activation EngineeringApply Now Job ID: R0000075334 job family: Supply Chain Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. We are on a journey to transform our internal supply chain, an expansive network of distribution and fulfillment centers, into a world-class, high speed, maximum throughput, omni-channel replenishment and last mile delivery e-commerce enterprise. Where ever and whenever our Guests choose to shop Target, the Global Supply Chain & Logistics team is committed to ensuring that the products our Guests need will always be available in our stores or online delivered on time, every time.
A role in HQ Engineering and Activation means being at the heart of our perpetual reimagining. This group is the think tank and laboratory for the innovative ideas that spark change throughout the Supply Chain. We are inventors, metrics masters, data geeks, testers, triers, course-correctors and askers of the all-important question “What if …?”. This team influences processes, engineers the robotics and automation to support those processes, activates solutions sustainably across the network and manages those assets. Your specific expertise—whether it’s people, process, technology, or data—will be felt well beyond the boundaries of the Supply Chain organization, positively impacting Target team members and guests alike.
As a Lead Project Manager working on the Activation Engineering team you will project manage the design and activation of world class supply chain projects that will result in an enhanced Guest experience by increasing the speed and accuracy of processing of goods through the internal supply chain. The Lead Project Manager will be assigned to the Activation Engineering function within the Engineering and Automation department. This position will report to the Director of Activation Engineering.
- You will lead the physical activation of projects in support of the transformation of the Target Supply Chain, responsible for delivering project scope on time and on budget.
- Work with cross organizational teams to develop project plans based on engineering project lifecycle phases
- Manage project schedule to critical path, project costs to budget, and project resources to capacity
- Provide project level inputs to cross functional teams and program management
- Lead the management of all project documentation and provide regular and accurate status updates with attention to details
- Lead cross organizational efforts to deliver a consistent customer experience for project management and delivery.
- Ability to quickly connect and build relations across multitude of leaders, across the organization
- Collaborate effectively across all internal and external stakeholders including vendors, internal engineering team, operations & facility teams
- Develop & proliferate repeatable, internal tools & templates to assist with scheduling, budgeting, tracking & managing projects
- Lead the management of vendor activation activities including implementation schedules, design reviews, change requests and contingency spending approvals
- Troubleshoot, resolve, & escalate installation issues quickly & effectively
- Create and maintain installation and system acceptance testing specifications & standards
- Test and accept all in-scope project related deliverables including supply chain process automation and various material handling systems included storage structures
- Analyze & evaluate all in-scope project related deliverables including supply chain process automation and various material handling systems included storage structures
- Maintain, manage and close-out project punch lists in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Lead reviews of the “lessons learned” throughput the project
- Assist with ongoing continuous improvement activities and solicit feedback on project activation performance
- Develop and execute hand off strategies to Field Operations at the achievement of project deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Civil, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 7 or more years of combined experience in material handling, automation, manufacturing, supply chain and/or distribution and logistics industries
- Proven project management experience implementing multi-million dollar, complex capital equipment & systems.
- Multi-year experience with project management strategies required for complex and dynamic projects with very short lead times.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage several complex projects at the same time with high degrees of variation and uncertainty.
- Candidate must be capable to work with little or no supervision or direction and will be given considerable latitude in decision making.
- Natural ability to speak and write effectively at all organizational levels.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent judgment and decision making skills under conditions of exceptional uncertainty with possibility of significant lack of data.
- Frequently provides significant leadership or influence as a coordinator of complex cross-functional projects.
- Proficiency with standard project planning software applications
- Ability to travel at short notice- up to 40% (varies by project phase)
Preferred Qualifications & Experiences
- Familiarity with material flow methodologies
- Experience with facility layouts, & construction
- Experience with distribution and/or logistics process flows & operations
- Experience with lean, six sigma, & other continuous improvement concepts & methodologies
- Project management professional “PMP” training
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture