Lead Project Manager - Supply Chain Operations Solutions DesignApply Now Job ID: R0000128484 job family: Supply Chain Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role on the Supply Chain Operating Solutions Design Team means being at the heart of our perpetual reimagining while supporting current Warehouse Management solutions. This group is the think tank and laboratory for the innovative ideas that spark change throughout the supply chain. We are inventers, metrics masters, data geeks, testers, triers, course-correctors and askers of the all-important question “What if … ?” You will do great work in an agile environment, and show off your cross-functional chops by managing several complex business and technology relationships, partnerships and interactions simultaneously. You will solve very specific, high-priority business challenges, each with its own problem-statement-turned-personal-mission. Your specific expertise—whether it’s people, process, technology, or data—will be felt well beyond the boundaries of the Logistics organization, positively impacting Target team members and guests alike.
As a Lead Project Manager, you will be a critical part of an Agile Team, working in two week sprints. You will work with a broad set of supply chain stakeholders, data scientists, field facing team members, internal and external automation teams, and technical partners to collaborate on the best solutions to optimize for cost, speed, accuracy, and simplicity. You will lead on behalf of your capability team to drive complex cross functional projects while also supporting run state operations for Warehouse Management Systems. You will be accountable to delivering the functional design for the initiative portfolio toward the end state vision, and seek end-to-end solutions with store and guest focused outcomes. You will also develop content and material to educate and train process executors.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience in relevant field
- 5-7 years supply chain or supply chain support area experience
- Understand multiple areas of supply chain or business types (i.e. DTG, replenishment, stores, food, apparel, etc.)
- Able to think in terms of the future state, challenge the status quo, and leverage frameworks to solve problems with little guidance using data and science
- Experience managing multiple complex projects or programs using project management tools
- Able to understand and navigate organizational dynamics; identifies appropriate stakeholders and resources across the organization
- Familiar with Warehouse Management Systems and their interaction with process and reporting
- Proficient data mining and analysis skills, and statistical fundamentals (Lean / 6 Sigma experience a plus)
- Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict; ability to provide feedback and develop and lead others
- Ability to determine the optimal path forward in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, and willing to travel
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture