Lead Project Mgr SCApply Now Job ID: R0000156618 job family: Supply Chain Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Targets Food Supply Chain is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role on the Network Strategy Team within Food Supply Chain means being relentlessly focused on how we can optimize our temperature-controlled network to become more cost effective and improve the guest experience. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. We’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. You will work cross-functionally with experts from across F&B, GSCL, Technology and Stores to support co-creation of solutions to reduce labor cost, improve speed and quality for replenishment activities, and help define our future network design. You will help scope a broad set of initiatives and ideas to help identify the specific problem, potential impact, and the resources needed to solve; you’ll also be actively engaged in developing solutions alongside experts from across the organization including Field Operations, Operating Solutions Design, Store Operations, TTS, Inventory Management and Data Science.
As a Lead Project Manager in Food Supply Chain, you will be responsible for supporting the strategic direction for the operating solutions required to optimize and scale highly efficient Supply Chain operations. The role will be responsible for supporting the execution and strategic direction to open a new temperature-controlled distribution center. It will coordinate and deploy the features and capabilities required to support the replenishment of items for our stores and guests; working across the enterprise to effectively manage the collective resources required to operationalize on-time will be of paramount importance. This role will provide an ideal opportunity to work within a highly collaborative, cross functional team managing across leadership and operational teams. You will facilitate communication and alignment between FSC, GSCL, and TTS teams to align on cohesive methodologies to design scope, deliverables, resources, and timelines to ramp an upcoming FDC. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of supply chain experience
- Project/program management experience
- Demonstrated problem solving
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate, influence without authority, and manage conflict effectively
- Highly flexible and comfortable working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage parallel efforts within a complex, highly matrixed organization
- Strong communication, organization, and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to think in terms of the future state, challenging the status quo, and helping to identify paths from current to future capabilities
- Understanding of operations within a distribution center (ideally temperature-controlled environments) and/or technology within sites
- Supply chain experience in multiple supply chain business areas (functions)
- Experience leveraging and managing work within Smartsheet tools
- PMI, AGILE, PMP (Project Management Professional), Lean/6 Sigma/SmartSheet certifications
- Ability to travel up to 40%
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture