Lead Project Mgr Supply Chain – Food & BeverageApply Now Job ID: R0000114854 job family: Supply Chain Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers.
At Target, food is life. So it’s the mission of our newly integrated Food & Beverage (F&B) organization to help our guests more easily discover the joy of food. We thrive on giving families new favorite ways to eat well and cook less, simply and affordably. With curated in-store experiences and a streamlined assortment designed to inspire and save time, we understand the importance of food to our guests’ everyday life - from snack duty at soccer practice to important family gatherings and holidays. Join our centralized F&B team where you’ll partner with people from literally every area of the business. Here, you’ll help dream up new ways to offer our guests a reliably wonderful experience with the freshness, selection and value they expect and deserve from Target.
A role on the Engineering & Optimization team within Food Supply Chain means being relentlessly focused on how we can optimize our Food Supply Chain (FSC) to become more cost effective and improve the guest experience. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. You will work cross-functionally with experts from across F&B, Global Supply Chain & Logistics (GSCL), Target Technology Services (TSS) and Stores to support co-creation of solutions to reduce labor cost, improve speed and quality for replenishment & fulfillment activities. You will help scope a broad set of initiatives and ideas to help identify the specific problem scope, potential impact, and the resources needed to solve. You’ll also be actively engaged in developing solutions alongside experts from across the organization including Field Operations, Operating Solutions Design, Store Operations, TTS, Inventory Management and Data Science.
As a Lead Project Manager in Food Supply Chain, you will be responsible for supporting the strategic direction for the operating solutions required to optimize and scale highly efficient Supply Chain operations. The role will coordinate and deploy the features and capabilities of supply chain systems and integration with various automation platforms. The position will work across the enterprise to gather data, identify opportunities, scope functional requirements and create roadmaps to prioritize and implement solutions. You will facilitate communication and alignment between FSC, GSCL, and TTS teams on high profile initiatives to enable progress toward our goals. You will coordinate end to end process development for some initiatives and lead as a project manager to align scope, deliverables, resources, finances, and timelines. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience in relevant field
- 5-10 years supply chain and/or stores experience
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects or programs and comfortability with project management tools
- Strong communication and facilitation skills that can be tailored to different audiences and environments
- Ability to think in terms of the future state, challenging the status quo, and identifying paths from current to future statue
- Highly flexible and comfortable working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple parallel efforts within a complex, highly matrixed organization
- Comfortable navigating and leading through ambiguous situations, across diverse stakeholders, and influencing without authority
- Experience with Supply Chain Systems (Warehouse Management, Material Handling, Labor Management, Inventory Management, Transportation Management, etc.)
- Understanding of financial modeling
- Experience in stores replenishment, guest fulfillment and/or food distribution
- Experience developing or launching new business capabilities
- Experience in continuous improvement, Lean, or 6 Sigma
- Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP) or Agile credentials
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture