Lead Project Mgr Supply Chain - Last Mile Sourcing
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role on the Last Mile team in Global Transportation and Logistics means applying your specialized and well-informed point of view to manage our strategic and tactical initiatives in the Last Mile. You’ll use the right combination of data and operational expertise to engage with our internal and external partners to drive them to a level of precision and focus on performance well beyond the norm. You’ll not only establish and develop great relationships with our carriers to create Best in Class Guest Experiences with unique solutions, but you’ll contribute to redefining the Last Mile leveraging Target’s unique Omnichannel advantages.
As a Lead Project Manager Supply Chain focusing on Last Mile Carrier Sourcing and Projects, you will be responsible for identifying, vetting and onboarding Target’s strategic partners in the Last Mile across Small Parcel, LTL, Truckload and Courier services. You will also develop strategies and business value cases for enhancements or fundamental changes to various transportation-related processes, protocols, and network configuration. You will need to delegate and influence across a diverse set of support and stakeholder groups, ensuring a common understanding of goals and objectives, and identifying and monitoring tasks to ensure timetables are met and resources are coordinated properly. You will work with Sr. Leaders to define business problems and gain enterprise support on proposed solutions and their activation. You will need to proactively identify risks and dependencies and drive resolution, as well as provide inputs to other GTL functions, such as metrics development, analytics, and financial modeling.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, supply chain related degree or MBA preferred
- Experience in sourcing, negotiations and contract management of 3rd parties. Transportation specific experience a plus.
- Strong organization skills in creating project plans and milestones for self and others.
- Demonstrated structured problem solving experience and experience leading through ambiguous situations and influencing across diverse stakeholders
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to think in terms of the future state, challenging the status quo, and identifying paths from current to future statue
- Experience developing or launching new business capabilities and/or experience in strategy development or consulting
- Understanding of financial modeling
- Analytical curiosity and competency to drive data-driven decisions
- Highly flexible and comfortable working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple parallel efforts within a complex, highly matrixed organization
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture