Lead Strategist, Enterprise Strategy DevelopmentApply Now Job ID: TAR0005HR Date posted: 08/14/2018 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
STRATEGY LEAD, ENTERPRISE STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Strategy, Associate, Senior Associate, Manager, Senior Manager, Consulting, Consultant, management consulting, retail, CPG, e-Commerce
About This Opportunity
Leading the retail revolution as Target’s champions of bold strategic thinking, best-in-class execution, and the most impactful innovation, the Enterprise Strategy team seeks to drive profitable enterprise growth by exploring new opportunities (e.g., markets, formats, channels, guest segments), driving strategic focus and accountability and transforming Target’s business.
As a member of a business strategy team, you will apply your strengths in thought leadership (e.g., fact-based and analytical problem-solving; critical and conceptual thinking), passion for innovation and strong leadership presence to shape Target’s long-term strategic direction.
As a Strategy Lead, you will…
- Lead projects and/or large workstreams on strategy consulting-like engagements that identify and seek to harness enterprise or business unit growth opportunities
- Leverage consumer, market, competitive and financial data and analysis to build strategies and business cases for competitive differentiation and growth
- Collaborate cross-functionally and effectively influence without authority to drive business decisions and advance long-term transformation efforts
- Expand the team’s knowledge base in one or more focus areas (e.g., innovation, scenario planning, competitive intelligence)
- Coach and develop Sr Analysts; provide guidance and developmental support to the strategy leadership team; and actively contribute to the team’s fast, fun and friendly culture
- 4-year college degree with minimum 5 years experience driving strategic business decisions
- Highly desired MBA degree with one to three years of post-MBA work experience
- Prior experience in engagement/ project leadership with a top management consulting firm or in a Fortune 100-level corporate strategy group, or proven track record in the retail or CPG industry
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills and ability to synthesize and clearly communicate complex findings to focus on critical issues and actionable opportunities
- Ability to work both independently and lead cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated success working closely or interacting with senior executive leadership
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and to learn/ follow a systematic approach to strategic problem solving: define/ reframe key questions, develop hypotheses, structure quantitative and qualitative analyses to develop insights, formulate well-founded recommendations, and communicate recommendations to leaders at all levels of the organization, including senior executives
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best – the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members’ futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture