Lead UI Web Experience Engineer - Experimentation and Digital Web (ReactJS) REMOTE or HQApply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000200143
job family: User Experience & Interface
schedule: nullLead UI Engineer
JOIN TARGET AS A LEAD UI ENGINEER – DATA SCIENCES EXPERIMENTATION PLATFORM
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores.
As a Lead UI Engineer, you serve as the technical anchor for the engineering team that supports a product. You create, own and are responsible for the application architecture that best serves the product in its functional and non-functional needs. You identify and drive architectural changes to accelerate feature development or improve the quality of service (or both). You have deep and broad engineering skills and are capable of standing up an architecture in its whole on your own, but you choose to influence a wider team by acting as a “force multiplier”. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Lead UI Engineer, you’ll take the lead as you…
Use your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the technology domain. Evaluate new technologies and participates in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target’s technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership. Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies. Lead or set strategy for testing and debugging at the platform or enterprise level. In complex and unstructured situations, serve as an expert resource to create and improve standards and best practices to ensure high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables. Lead the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services. Provide the team with thought leadership to promote re-use and develop consistent, scalable patterns. Participate in planning services that have enterprise impact. Provide suggestions for handling routine and moderately complex technical problems, escalating issues when appropriate. Gather information, data, and input from a wide variety of sources; identify additional resources when appropriate, engage with appropriate stakeholders, and conduct in-depth analysis of information. Provide suggestions for handling routine and moderately complex technical problems, escalating issues when appropriate. Develop plans and schedules, estimate resource requirements, and define milestones and deliverables. Monitor workflow and risks; play a leadership role in mitigating risks and removing obstacles. Lead and participate in complex construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements met. Establish new standards and best practices to monitor, test, automate, and maintain IT components or systems. Serve as an expert resource in disaster recovery and disaster recovery planning. Stay current with Target’s technical capabilities, infrastructure, and technical environment. Develop fully attributed data models, including logical, physical, and canonical. Influence data standards, policies, and procedures. Install, configure, and/or tune data management solutions with minimal guidance. Monitor data management solution(s) and identify optimization opportunities.
About the opportunity:
We are seeking an engineer who is able to jump in and contribute to Target’s data science experimentation and measurement (e.g. A/B Testing) platform. If you’re a software engineer with a passion for software architecture, cutting-edge technologies, massive scale, building performant systems, and solving challenging problems - then this career opportunity and team is for you!
- Work as a member of a product team which builds features that impact the bottom line for Target
- Continuously work to improve self and team through pair programming and pull request reviews
- Implement design patterns to enhance our highly scalable and performant applications
- Contribute to the design of our full system architecture
- Lead continuous improvement projects within the team and mentor other engineers
- Cultivate an inclusive and rich engineering culture
- Responsible for quality and stability of delivered work
- Lead unit and functional testing efforts to certify the team’s work is good
- Accountable for leading engineering efforts from inception to delivery
- Initiate and facilitate necessary cross-organization communication to complete work
- Provide technical expertise to product teams, advising best practices and highlighting risks
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Computer Science foundational knowledge including competencies working with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience building accessible web user interfaces
- Experience utilizing modern web style libraries (e.g. Sass, styled-components)
- Experience performance tuning web client applications
- Experience automated testing and proficient with a testing framework (e.g. Jest, Cypress)
- Familiarity with build tools (e.g. Webpack, Rollup, NPM Scripts, Gulp)
- Experience working on projects orchestrating containerization (e.g. Docker)
- Extensive hands on experience integrating with REST APIs
- Knowledgeable of microservice design patterns
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes, and culture (e.g. Spinnaker, Drone, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Experience working with a source versioning tool, such as Git
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies
- Experience working as a member of an Agile software development team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrating technical leadership
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location.A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times yr.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $106,000 to $191,000.Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefitsfrom financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture