Leadership Development Program ManagerApply Now Job ID: R0000066781 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Leadership Development Program Manager – Field
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Human Resources is well known for its signature ability to build the very best teams, and we infuse our work with Target’s distinctive retail brand by continuously experimenting, evolving and innovating. In this role, you have the chance to positively impact nearly 44,000 leaders worldwide in our stores, distribution centers and headquarters. You’ll partner with other talent development team members and leaders to create leadership development solutions that elevate and nurture Target’s leadership culture and impact every team member’s experience.
As a Leadership Development Program Manager, you will be responsible for a portfolio of products and programs, and use your depth of experience and ideas to provide creative and scalable solutions that resonate with Field leaders.
Core responsibilities include:
Design and deliver leader development products and programs in support of delivering a best in class curriculum for Field leaders at Target:
- You’ll curate, design and develop leadership development solutions for Target’s first-time and mid-level leaders across our Field audience
- You’ll partner extensively with talent management and talent development teams to reimagine offerings and experiences, identify vendor partnerships and delivery vehicles that enable high-performing teams and elevate continuous learning culture
- Facilitate a variety of instructor-led workshops and other in-person and virtual learning experiences.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners, vendors and consultants
- Use design thinking to deeply understand leaders’ challenges, needs, and wants in support of developing strategies, products and programs that build capability and enhance and elevate the team member experience.
Accelerate business growth through developing leaders’ capability:
- You’ll utilize sound approaches for understanding Field leaders’ needs, developing solutions, and implementing program and products in partnership with Talent Development and Talent Management
- You are keenly aware of retail industry talent development approaches and emerging practices, and bring insights to your role and the team
- You’ll measure and assess the impact of leadership development initiatives and leverage data and insights to reimagine offerings to meet the changing needs of the business
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Current knowledge of high-impact learning and development practices including understanding of leadership development trends
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence without authority across a variety of teams
- Ability to drive change and passion for continuous learning
- Experience creating leadership development solutions for Field-based leaders (retail industry preferred)
- Experience creating content for virtual learning technologies and platforms
- Experience applying design thinking to leadership development solutions
- Experience developing program strategies and products that are scalable and sustainable in a growth environment
- Excellent project management skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and doing whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to facilitate and present in both large and small group settings
- Prior experience leading a team preferred
- Coaching certification and/or assessment certifications preferred
- Excited about working within and modeling Target culture and values
- 7+ years of experience in HR program or product design, leadership development, learning and development or talent management
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters a plus
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture