Leadership Development Rotational Program (LDRP), Finance & Business Planning TrackApply Now Job ID: R0000148543 job family: Financial Planning & Analysis schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers. And the only constant in retail? Change. Our business is constantly evolving, using big ideas to solve complex problems.
The Leadership Development Rotational Program is a 2-year rotational program and development curriculum designed to provide a set of experiences to build enterprise empathy by learning in business functions outside the traditional career path, developing cross functional influence by driving meaningful outcomes, and deepening leadership experiences to accelerate the development of future leaders. Within this program, your experiences could span Finance, Merchandising, Digital and Stores.
The retail landscape is evolving and Target is an industry leader through the development of its team members. Within the Leadership Development Rotational Program – Finance and Business Planning track, you will gain broad exposure with a focus on driving business decisions through deep data analysis, understanding the broader business context and storytelling to help Target make strong decisions for our P+L. Your 2-year experience will involve:
Year 1: Three 4-Month Rotations: Each rotation will align you to a pressing business challenge to solve. Rotations will push you to develop business empathy, cross-functional influence, long-term strategy development and team leadership skills. Rotations in this track could include but not limited to:
- Planning; sharpen financial acumen to impact the P+L
- Finance; strategically influence the P&L through an independent, analytical viewpoint
- Pricing; enhance strategy development with cross-functional partners
- Stores leadership; experience large team leadership and operational excellence (flexible scheduling availability including nights and weekends)
Year 2: Team placement to apply learnings from your rotations and drive outstanding results. This placement could be as a:
- Sr Manager, Merchandise Finance
- Sr Merchandise Planner
At the end of the program, our goal is to help accelerate your move to the next level of leadership roles at Target
As a program member in this program you will:
- In each rotation, lead project work to strategically deliver value across multiple departments through teamwork, communication, problem solving and planning.
- Immerse yourself in rotational areas to learn the business function and gain a true enterprise perspective
- Using your strategic problem solving skills, you will drive process improvements and identify business risks and opportunities based on financial and operational performance.
- Interpret financial and operational performance in order to identify business risks and opportunities. You’ll do this by creating financial tools to streamline decision making, partnering with internal clients to develop long range goals, annual budgets and monthly forecasts
- Interpret forecast results and conduct “what if?’ analysis to guide your go-forward recommendations. Run event forecast creation and flow, analyzing item lifecycles and driving recommendation on end-of-season management.
- Identify and quantify value creation opportunities to pursue
- Evaluate strategic initiatives or business opportunities while coordinating cross-functional reviews and supports both new and on-going initiatives.
Outside of your day-to-day, you will be immersed in a development curriculum with your cohort peers that would enable you to be a successful and inclusive leader at Target. Development highlights include:
- Formal onboarding and training as a cohort
- Strong leadership engagement that allows you to receive sponsorship and mentorship
- Personalize your career experience for your career aspirations
- Completed MBA or currently enrolled in final year of a MBA program with program concentrations in finance, economics, management and strategy strongly preferred
- 4-6+ years of work experience prior to gaining MBA
- Strong analytical, decision-making, project management and organizational skills
- Outstanding communication and relationship-building aptitude with the ability to empathize with peers and partners
- Creative problem-solving and risk-taking skills
- Superior leadership skills with enthusiasm, initiative and a passion for results
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture