Logistics Analyst - Last Mile Operations Performance TeamApply Now Job ID: R0000111717 job family: Transportation schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at a rapid pace. We are constantly reimagining how to get the right product to the guest better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are operating smarter, better utilizing our resources and leveraging data driven decisions to deliver the convenience and service levels our guest demands. We are driven to win in this competitive, rapidly changing business by providing a differentiated and frictionless guest experience. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we rapidly develop and deploy new approaches and processes that improve existing, and enable new capabilities. We are looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, practical and comfortable with ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver, who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, and can build and execute effective plans to address? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
Last Mile Operations at Target is responsible for moving E-Commerce shipments from our unique Omnichannel fulfillment network to our Guests’ homes. More than 80% of that volume originates in over 1400 of our Stores making Target the largest volume true Omnichannel shipper out there. Servicing the transportation out of that huge distributed network and high volumes means a simultaneous microscopic attention to day to day detail as well as the ability to step back and think strategically in order to drive change within Target and with our carriers to fully leverage our Stores as Hubs strategy and provide maximum Best in Class Guest Experience.
The Last Mile Operations Performance team is a group of intellectually curious managers and analysts that generate insights using data that supports our operations execution partners. Our goal is to work hand in hand with our operational teams to maximize on-time delivery, increase speed to guest, and reduce transportation spend which, ultimately, creates value for Target Corp. and maximizes guest satisfaction. The team currently uses a wide variety of analytics tools including Hive, Smartsheet, R, Python, SQL, DOMO and proprietary BI platforms (similar to Tableau) to work with small, sparse datasets as well as big data platforms like Hadoop. A Logistics Analyst on the Last Mile Operations Performance team will play a central role in supporting these initiatives. This person will be responsible for developing, creating, maintaining, pulling, and analyzing data pertaining to historical and current network operations. Partnering with internal teams and external partners to identify needs and opportunities to improve or automate processes. Assisting with projects as assigned.
As a Logistics Analyst, you will:
- Develop scalable solutions and key performance indicators to monitor supply chain performance
- Perform complex data analysis to identify root causes and implement corrective actions
- Streamline and simplify complex business processes through technology
- Use data and metrics to deeply understand the business, identify areas in need of improvement, influence others, and measure the impact of actions.
- Inspire intellectual curiosity around operational improvement opportunities
- Advocate for decisions based on what is good for Target holistically and act as agents for change instead of accepting the status quo.
- Four year degree or equivalent experience in supply chain, engineering, operations research, analytics, or a related field.[J1]
- Expertise in SQL, ETL, and BI (Tableau, Domo, etc) experience in a large-scale, complex business environment
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic, and can easily work with others, regardless of their analytical proficiency or technical competence
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Can make decisions with little to no guidance from manager or other leaders
- Experience in distribution or transportation
- Experience working in Big Data technologies like Hadoop and Hive
- Familiarity with R and Python
- 6Sigma experience
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture