Manager Instructional Design, RoundelApply Now Job ID: R0000071684 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Manager Instructional Design, Roundel
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves in connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love and our business. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies, media and ad tech companies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and performance-based marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
A role within Roundel is an opportunity to be part of a strategic priority business for Target. Roundel is Target’s entry into the media business, a sell-side business built on the principles of first party (people based) data, brand safe environments and proof that our marketing programs drive business results for our clients. We operate with the ethos of trust and transparency and that media works best when it works in everyone’s best interest. At the very root of that, Roundel is here to drive business growth for our clients, and redefine “value” in the industry by solving core industry challenges vs. copy current industry methods of operation. We are here to drive a key growth initiative for Target and to lead the industry to a better way of operating.
As a Manager, Instructional Design you will administer our learning tools and design our learning paths to ensure a seamless experience for our learners. You will apply adult learning theory to instructional design, project-manage, and ultimately execute the design of engaging learning experiences. You will conduct needs assessments to identify and select the appropriate learning solution. A Manager, Instructional Design will design the instructional material, curriculum, program, or learning solution that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners or groups of learners. Ultimately you will assess whether the learning design solution produces positive results, such as a change in learner skill, knowledge, and/or behavior. You will also regularly evaluate and optimize our learning systems and tools based on engagement reports. Given the dynamic nature of our business you must stay up to date on the latest Instructional Design theories and best practices.
- 5+ years of proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology, preferably in a corporate environment
- Earned a four-year bachelor degree or higher preferably specialized in Instructional Design or Graphic Design or equivalent work experience
- Excellent knowledge of Instructional Design learning theories (ADDIE, Kirkpatrick, etc.) and processes & instructional design models
- Excellent curriculum, course, and lesson, and content development skills and the ability to assess and create content that makes complex topics easy to digest for learners
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience working in Learning Management System with experience w/ SCORM, xAPI, etc.
- Solid knowledge of our course development software specifically Elucidat
(+ Captivate, Storyline) + Visual design skills specifically in Illustrator
(+ Dreamweaver, Photoshop) and ability to storyboard
- Manage learning system, develop & maintain clear up-to-date learning paths
- Analyze learning tool engagement and provide insights and recommendation on how to optimize the learner experience
- Design engaging learning activities and compelling course
- Set instructional project goals and create content that matches them
- Write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Develop exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Devise modes of assessment to measure the effectiveness of the course
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture