Manager Responsible Sourcing Business IntegrationApply Now Job ID: R0000128087 job family: Responsible Sourcing schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $70 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target’s resources and partnerships worldwide, Merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Sourcing means having a hand in developing products that have a positive impact on people and the planet. We integrate our sourcing capabilities with our propensity for quality and social responsibility to positively impact the cost and quality of our products. We care about the lives of the people who make the products Target guests love, and we’re mindful of the impact our manufacturing practices have on the environment. In Sourcing, you’ll apply your Fabric, Trim and Packaging and accessories and/or home goods expertise to promote and apply responsible sourcing practices while driving the success and growth of Target’s owned brands. The Sourcing team starts at the very earliest stages of product development, builds out the costing models and tracks where product stands at every step in the production cycle, from overseas shipping to our import warehouses, distribution centers and stores. And since Target is indeed a global company, you’ll be part of the team that manages global relationships in partnership with the buying team who shop for trends all over the world. Your ability to stay aware of our suppliers’ activities will help ensure compliance with responsible practices, and you’ll have influence over which manufacturers Target chooses to work with. You’ll be a close point-of-contact with Target team members in sourcing offices located in 20 countries around the globe, and you’ll support their work as liaisons among buyers, product developers and overseas partners.
As Manager of Business Integration, you will part of the team that that evolves the operating model to deepen engagement between the responsible sourcing business integration oversight and related initiatives and business leaders across the divisions to which you are aligned. You will maintain a strategic partnership with the division teams to elevate responsible sourcing performance of business partners and the category as a whole. You will collaborate with internal sourcing and manufacturing supply chain management teams to understand and align on priorities and goals and engage in matrix and strategic business partner discussions. You will support issue escalation, elevating all major non-compliance issues to Sourcing leaders, Responsible Sourcing leaders and Merchant leaders as necessary.
- Design, plan and implement small-scale initiatives or individual work streams within larger-scale initiatives using established project management principals.
- Provide sustainability insights to the organization to drive updates to Target’s policies and goals.
- Leverage data, analytics and reporting to provide guidance to support business decisions.
- Build coalitions and drive initiatives in collaboration with others.
- 5-7 years of experience
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
- Advanced knowledge of labor, health & safety regulations, and/or environmental regulations/issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex concepts into simple, clear communications and scenario building.
- Strategic and conceptual thinking with the ability to plan, organize and execute.
- Ability to analyze information to drive business decisions, manage project plans and resources.
- Respects, appreciates and values diverse voices and approaches. Committed to creating equitable experiences and fostering an inclusive team.
- Ability to work in a global environment.
- Self-motivated and thrives in ambiguity.
- RS and/or policy/advocacy experience a plus
- Experience working with global teams/business partners
The exciting part of retail? It’s always changing! Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture