Marketing Manager, Guest Marketing Strategy - Inclusive Marketing(Remote Or Hybrid)Apply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000302065
job family: Digital Marketing
schedule: Full time
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
As a member of the Guest Marketing Strategy team, you will play a crucial role in supporting the development of guest-centric, culturally relevant communication strategies. Your responsibilities will also encompass leading the creation of communication plans designed to drive business demand, strengthen the Target brand, and deliver unique value for our multicultural guests.
In your capacity as a Manager within Guest Marketing Strategy, you will lead large cross-functional teams in the development of dedicated marketing programs targeting multicultural audiences. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to influence and champion inclusive marketing practices throughout the Marketing & Digital team and across the Enterprise.
In this role, you will collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, media, creative teams, and external partners to bring culturally relevant and connected experiences to life across various touchpoints. Your commitment to partnership and collaboration will bring together internal and external stakeholders across functions, ensuring alignment and progress toward common objectives. Success in this role is contingent upon your strong organizational and strategic thinking skills, as well as your leadership in fostering Inclusive Acumen across Marketing & Digital and the Enterprise.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager to develop comprehensive marketing communication strategies aimed at driving brand growth and engagement with multicultural audiences.
- Lead the planning, activation, and optimization efforts in collaboration with internal and external agency partners and Guest Marketing teams.
- Oversee the creation of culturally relevant and breakthrough content across multiple touchpoints.
- Cultivate strong partnerships and collaborate with internal teams, including media, insights, merchandising, and experiential teams, as well as external stakeholders such as agencies and founders, to create inclusive and connected brand experiences.
- Serve as an advocate for diverse audiences, leveraging insights to increase inclusion acumen across the Enterprise.
- Implement measurement strategies, recap key initiatives, and propose optimizations to continuously improve results.
- Represent Marketing in key external and internal business partnerships.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- 5+ years of proven experience in marketing, with a focus on inclusive/multicultural marketing.
- Strong strategic thought-leadership with ability to distill information & develop culturally-relevant communication strategies and plans. Preference will be given to candidates with substantial experience reaching and engaging Black audiences.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to navigate organizational complexity, influence others & collaborate across functions and leadership levels.
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage projects.
- Proven ability to lead & inspire agency and creative partners.
- Demonstrated curiosity and ability for leading through ambiguity.
- Experience with paid media and branded custom content a plus
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture