Media Connections ManagerApply Now Job ID: R0000156711 job family: Advertising & Promotion schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. In Connections & Investment, we are thought leaders who look at marketing through a media lens, and find balance in the math and magic required to build meaningful media communication plans. We use data and trends to build guest insights and ideas, and then craft media communications to drive sales and brand equity. We have a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, and are able to build strategies, guest segments and tactics. We build learning plans and lean into measurement to ensure we are effective and relevant to our Guests and our goals. We are committed to partnering internally across departments and externally with our agencies and media partners. We are passionate about our Guests and the constantly evolving media landscape they live in. We embrace change and strive to have one foot on culture and the other in the future.
You are a not just a channel expert, you are a broader, curious thinker with excellent strategic chops, creativity, the ability to influence across an organization. You are passionate and experienced in building strategy and media solutions that reach diverse audiences. You have an insatiable curiosity and interest in the multicultural marketplace. You have a proactive approach that works tirelessly to find solutions to business challenges. You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty and are just as willing to lead a multi-agency brainstorm or challenge a brief and make it better as you are to FedEx something or work all day in billing systems if that’s what it takes. You embody Target’s values of being Bold, Curious, Accountable, and working as One Team. And of course, you have a passion for media and marketing and an endless thirst to learn more everyday.
The position requires knowledge of the multicultural marketing and media landscape.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with Target brand and creative strategy teams to create innovative communication strategies
- Work closely with the media agency and internal activation team in development of media strategy and tactical plan development that deliver on brand goals
- Support teams both internal and external to deliver comprehensive media plan recommendations across multiple channels including all Owned, Earned, Shared and Paid. Must be at least conversant in all.
- Must be comfortable working across all channels and leading teams to integrate into one
- Work with media partners to co-create content that will engage guests in new and different ways
- Be an expert on multicultural audiences, consumer behaviors, media consumption patterns and emerging trends in the media world
- Work with Media Effectiveness team to evaluate media performance, optimize in campaign and mine for future learnings
- Build relationships across disciplines and with creative agencies
- Demonstrate leadership in identifying trends, opportunities, issues and best practices and integrating learning into campaign work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or equivalent required
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in media planning/strategy with demonstrated ability to negotiate partnerships and deals
- 2+ years of experience in multicultural media planning
- Strength in operations and project management is a plus
- Previous experience planning holistic media plans in excess of $25 million annually
- Hands-on experience with traditional and digital media including social, mobile, video and search
- Proven ability to build consensus among varying constituents
- Worked with cross functional teams on client side for national brands or supported media for a major national client on the agency side
- Knowledge of media trafficking, tracking, measurement and reporting practices
- Agility, communication, and relationship building skills
- Working knowledge of and relationships with the key multicultural vendors is a plus.
- Experience with local media planning is a plus
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture