Multicultural Localization Buyer – Asian & Special ProjectsApply Now Job ID: R0000088633 job family: Buying schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
MULTICULTURAL BUYER – Multicultural Merchandising Asian & Special Projects
As a Buyer on the Multicultural Merchandise & Enterprise Segmentation Team you will collaborate with Merchant, Marketing, Technology and other partners to create segmentation strategies for key enterprise segments through analytical rigor, influencing integration into assortments in support of category financial objectives. You will work across teams to ensure segmentation goals are both developed and consistently executed across categories. You will provide critical input into the development of assortment capabilities that will enable business value by improving the quality, timing, speed and flexibility of assortment decisions down to the appropriate segmented and localized level.
- Enhance and drive the multicultural merchandising strategies by work in close alignment with key partners across Merchandising, Space & Presentation, Marketing, and Diversity & Inclusion, etc. to provide insights, strategic advisement, and recommendations to enhance segmented assortment decisions impacting the Asian guest
- Develop and manage frameworks and strategies for Special Projects related to Multicultural segments outside of AFAM/Black, Asian, and Hispanic/LatinX to formulate assortment plans that are segmented and meaningful at an increased localized level (ex. Jewish)
- Work collaboratively across the Multicultural Merchandising and Enterprise Segmentation team to ensure broad based strategic intent is achieved for consistency where needed
- Leveraging internal and external data to identify key categories and trends relevant to Asian guest segment – inclusive of Greenfield, Domo, Mintel, Kantar etc.
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting across the Multicultural and Enterprise Segmentation team to ensure broad based strategic updates to key roundtable partners and leadership
- Attend major milestone meetings for merchandising categories that impact Multicultural financial performance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Merchandising and/or Multicultural Work
- Demonstrated cultural competency and passion for diversity & inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and navigate ambiguity
- Must be able to prioritize effectively and manage competing priorities effectively
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture