Packaging Project Manager (Remote Location Possible)Apply Now Job ID: R0000150895 job family: Project Management schedule: Full time Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542;
About Us: Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an industry leading Owned Brand organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and source the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, food & beverage, or apparel & accessories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
Target’s packaging team designs and develops all Target-owned brand packaging both in store and online. Under the overall direction of Packaging Leadership and in close partnership with our product, creative, brand and sourcing counterparts you’ll manage packaging work through all phases of Owned Brand product creation, from project kick off through results analysis. You will also be responsible for understanding the overall business objectives and establishing the optimal packaging approach to deliver on the business and guest needs. As part of a global team spanning the U.S., China and India, you’ll have partners overseas, as well as international vendors and suppliers. Best of all, your commitment to diversity and inclusion will come to life everyday as you work with multicultural teams to create the best, most sustainable packaging for all of our guests.
Support Project Plan, State-Gate Approach & End to End Timing & Action Management to support an integrated project & packaging creation process.
- Partners with Sr./Project Manager when establishing the optimal approach for the project and gather requirements/input from all packaging areas.
- Ensure project aligns with master project calendar and delivers on business objectives, strategy, and project goals
- Partners with Sr./Project Manager, project team & stakeholders to define project requirements, constraints, and assumptions in order to establish the project deliverables, resource & skills needed, and timelines.
- Coordinates all tasks outlined in the project plan (from Kick-off through Results Analysis)
- Identifies opportunities for efficiencies and in future projects by leveraging analytics, reporting, & hind-sighting to drive future State-Gate and Project Plan improvements
- Partners with Sr./Project Manager when establishing a single source of truth T&A that clearly outlines owners, actions, and timing from project activation through results analysis evaluation Partners with Sr./project Manager to track T&A activities, documents changes to drive accountability & to apply learnings to future projects
Project resource management activities & process
- Partners with key stakeholders to align resources to project plans to achieve desired outcomes
- Ensures that resources & skills are appropriately aligned to meet the deliverables of the project
- Tracks resource changes, risks & applies learnings to future projects
Drive Owned Brand Business Results by facilitating the cross-functional Owned Brand Product & Packaging creation process, including Phase & Stage-Gate management
- Unbiased, thought partner that collaborates with other PMs and leads CFT members through Owned Brand packaging creation
- Facilitate packaging cross functional team meetings, phase & stage-gate meetings
- Monitor compliance of activities from Project Kick-off through Results Analysis
- Partners with Sr. /Project Manager to identify, track, & facilitate risk mitigation plans by anticipating potential roadblocks & risk before they occur, understand implications of risk and escalate conclusions to the appropriate levels.
- Use problem solving & critical thinking skills to facilitate effective decision making within the cross-functional team
- Create State-Gate & Project Plan visibility using a Project Command Center.
- In partnership with the Sr./Project Manager on post launch project evaluation for every project and use lessons learned to identify opportunities to enhance future Stage-Gate and project plans
Minimum Job Requirements
- Four-year degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of Project Management experience or experience running well-coordinated approaches to projects
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills to challenge the status quo
- Strategic proactive planning skills balanced with initiative to urgently resolve issues
- Resilience in the face of challenges
- Committed to diversity and inclusion; Value each person’s unique strengths to effectively collaborate and partner with teams
- Organizational skills, effective written/verbal communication skills
- Project Management Certificate, PMP Certification, or Agile training
- Understanding of change management best practices
- Knowledge of Project Management systems & tools
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture