Principal Enterprise PartnershipsApply Now Job ID: R0000011942 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
On pace with one of the world’s best-loved and most recognized retail brands, Target Strategy & Innovation is focused on the future. We are at the center of developing and enabling how Target evolves to meet the changing needs of our guests while winning a competitive global retail marketplace. Here, you will partner with internal contacts and external firms in a wide variety of roles—whether you’re a technical engineer in San Francisco or a corporate strategist at Target headquarters in Minneapolis. Do you love the idea of helping to shape Target’s long-term strategy development? Are you a champion for rigor and process to ensure successful strategic planning? Can you bring your energy and big ideas to the table in order to build momentum in new business innovation? Then bring your talent to the game and join us in bringing to life a portfolio of initiatives designed to move Target forward.
As the Principal of Enterprise Strategic Partnerships, you will identify, create and maximize value with key business partners to drive new growth opportunities for Target. This role will steward the overall enterprise relationship with partners and support Target’s senior leaders in holistic planning, identification, and management of enterprise-wide initiatives with partners that create mutual value. These initiatives will likely be complex, horizontal programs that require driving efforts with SVP and above leaders at both the partner and Target.
The scope of work includes, but is not limited to:
- assessing external marketplace to identify partnerships and explore new business models that will create long-term value for Target
- providing strategic and financial analysis for new enterprise opportunities, enabling strategic trade-off decisions that maximize value for Target
- building and maintaining relationships with external strategic vendors, in partnership with key leaders across Merchandising, Marketing, Technology, Operations, and Finance
- leading and organizing Top-to-Top executive meetings inclusive of LT / CEO prep and regular updates for key stakeholders for identified strategic partners
A successful Principal of Enterprise Strategic Partnerships can build great relationships with partners, create value while creatively solving complex business problems, construct clarity around ambiguous opportunities, influence internal and external senior leaders, =manage complex horizontal programs, and facilitate structured and productive leadership conversations with partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Owning and driving all aspects of relationship development with key partners including engagement planning (cadence, calendar, etc.), outlining meeting strategy for exec / C-level meetings. Align and influence Target’s C-suite / executive team and key business leaders across the organization
- Leading and managing key negotiations related to partner contracts including but not limited MSAs, NDAs, SOWs, IP ownership, in partnership with Legal
- Developing strong and multiple relationships with key leaders of the strategic partners organization (ie. seeding a network of contacts, understanding the partner organization’s structure – key influences and decision makers)
- Lead cross-functional teams across the enterprise and effectively influence without authority to drive business decisions and advance long-term transformation efforts centered around partnerships and new business models
- Extracting relevant insights to inform Target’s relationship trajectory and proactively monitoring / assessing the landscape to define material growth opportunities for Target.
- Collaborating with Finance to quantify the P&L for relationships with substantial monetary transactions.
- Providing day-day program management for select prioritized projects
- Lead, develop, and manage the career planning for analysts
- Advanced account / relationship management and problem resolution skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences; strong executive presence
- Strong retail acumen, and understanding of forward leaning and emerging technologies.
- Team-oriented, passionate about developing others’ skills and capabilities
- Strong sense of ownership, well organized and problem solving skills. Self-motivated.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- 4-year college degree + post graduate degree (MBA or JD strongly preferred)
- A minimum of 8-10 years of work experience post-graduate school, with strong emphasis on retail, strategy, negotiations, finance
- Prior experience with joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, negotiations, account management or consulting in a Fortune 100-level corporate strategy group or corporate development.
- Demonstrated experience in making recommendations to leaders at all levels of the organization, including senior C-suite executives. Proven success presenting to executives in a confident, concise, and compelling manner
- Strong collaboration skills to build long-term strategic partnerships
- Experience leading and developing teams
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture