Product Designer - Colsie Intimates and LoungeApply Now Job ID: R0000066996 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Management & Product Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines, essentials, beauty, or apparel categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Design team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their design and quality for the price? Then you’ll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from apparel to home goods, and beauty to essentials. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you’ll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
As a Designer, you will support and be responsible for Owned Brand product brands and/or categories that achieve overall product design strategy and merchant objectives. Under the overall direction of Design leadership, you will work with an assigned category, brand, business or guest segment and manage your own process and calendar. You will be expected to maintain a diligent approach to workload, which includes timely communication with internal and external partners. You’ll support and drive concepts throughout the development process, research, selection of materials/finishes, and the creation of silhouettes. This includes preparing professional presentation boards with CAD artwork, fabrication, and material samples. In addition, you will support and drive product designs to maintain overall creative direction, merchant line plans, assortment strategies, and price points. You’ll build brand cohesion by partnering with peers across the division to ensure continuity. In collaboration with technical designers/engineers and sourcing partners, you’ll also identify, troubleshoot and resolve product issues.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
In addition to the above, you will:
- Stay on top of social media trends, and shop the market, both online and through domestic travel.
- Pulling inspiration and direction from vendor partners, trend resources and market, work with design director to create color palettes and trend stories seasonally.
- Continually check in with guests and trend resources to ensure product offering stays relevant.
- From vendor submissions, curate graphics and/or prints for the season.
- Drive expression of fit and sign off.
- Work with visual partners, merchant, and design director to create seasonal merchandising stories.
• Four-year degree in Design, Fine Art or related field, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of relevant experience
• Computer design system skills including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Experience in CAD illustration or 2D/3D software
• Knowledge of knit fabrics construction/fit and raw materials & product production
Knowledge & experience in womens knits design. Intimates experience is a bonus.
Market knowledge, ability to research and apply market/trend information to product.
• Experience assimilating product feedback
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Experience working in a retail or product development environment
• Ability to build relationships in order to successfully work in a team environment
• Ability to respond to business objectives with creative, innovative and cost-effective design solutions
Availability for travel 2-4x/year
Experience in juniors trend and product.
Experience sourcing fabrics and selecting washes/finishes for lounge knits.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture