Product Insights Researcher, Food + BeverageApply Now Job ID: R0000037613 Date posted: 08/06/2019 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
PRODUCT INSIGHTS RESEARCHER
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Product Design & Management organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines or apparel & accessories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
The Product Insights team leads strategic qualitative, quantitative & sensory research for Target’s owned brand products in support of key business needs and opportunities. Can you work cross-functionally to develop and implement the right research methodology that supports both micro and macro product requirements? Are you an expert who can lead all aspects of qualitative product research including scoping, methodology design, recruiting, moderation, synthesizing and deliverables? Then take your place in a role in which your positive influence is felt throughout the entire product life cycle, from new product innovation and white space to ongoing product improvements and maintenance.
As a Product Insights Researcher, you will…
As the Product Insights Researcher for Food and Beverage, you will be a strategic thought partner and will be leading, conducting, synthesizing, and reporting on qualitative or design research projects – including, but not limited to: ethnographies, shop-a-longs, store intercepts, interviews, focus groups, immersions, immersions, digital, and product usage tests. You will be leading synthesis and analysis of research findings – activating the insights gleaned through observations and interviews and identifying key opportunity and whitespace areas. You will serve as the project leader for product teams (design, engineering) throughout the research project life cycle – recommending appropriate methodology, scoping, and coordinating the entire process, facilitating in-field research and post-research synthesis through analysis. Upon completion, you will conduct a thorough analysis of data to generate insights and recommendations aligned with corporate strategic directions. Delivers findings to the team in a compelling, storytelling way – either via an executive report (including supplementary data, photos, and videos) or presentation. In this role, you will serve as an advocate for the guest by driving research at the core of product development. Serve as a catalyst to educate, accelerate, and activate product design and development to be masters of guest needs and apply that into their product designs.
- 4 year degree in MS in Anthropology, Social Science, Design Research, Psychology or related field
- 3-8 years of experience in Market/Consumer/Design Research
- Experience in qualitative and design thinking research methods and their application to product development, with expertise in at least one of the following areas: food, consumer package goods, apparel or home.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong strategic and ideation facilitation and group collaboration skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to cross functional partners.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; comfortable speaking to a diverse group of people and leading conversations to discover research insights.
- Ability to push yourself and your project team out of their comfort zone in a healthy manner.
- Experience in observational, analysis and synthesis skills with proven results
- A strong ability to tell compelling stories from data.
- Comfortable within ambiguity with the ability to prioritize; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects(both small and large) and adjust to changing priorities
- Strong project management skills – experience managing multiple projects at various stages in the project life cycle.
- Experience managing online panels and seeks out innovative research methodologies
- Strong project management skills
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Outlook, Word and other MS Office software and possibly video editing programs
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture