Product Insights ResearcherApply Now Job ID: R0000122641 job family: Market Research schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development & Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for delighting our guests. We concept, develop, make and deliver the great tasting new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and quality experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the taste, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on food & beverage, home, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
The Product Insights team leads strategic qualitative, quantitative, and sensory research for Target’s owned brand products in support of key business needs and opportunities. Can you work cross-functionally to develop and implement the right research methodology that supports product requirements? Are you a self-starter who can independently run sensory research including methodology design, execution, analysis, synthesis and deliverables? Then take your place in a role in which your positive influence is felt throughout the entire product life cycle, from new product innovation and white space to ongoing product improvements and maintenance.
As a Product Insights Researcher, you’ll conduct product sensory tests, utilizing a variety of testing techniques. You’ll work with cross functional teams on research needs, and execute, analyze & interpret sensory & consumer data to deliver insights to meet business needs. And though the role is heavily focused in the sensory space, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your reach into other types of quanitative and qualitative research.
We’ll support you along the way with robust onboarding, as well as personal and career development, to help you grow as a Product Insights Researcher. The exciting part of retail? It’s always changing! Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- B.S or M.S. in Food Science/Sensory Science, Psychology or related field; M.S. preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3-8 years relevant experience in sensory science / consumer research
- Solid understanding of sensory and consumer testing principles and methods, and their application to product development, including descriptive analysis. Working knowledge of quantitative market research methods desired.
- Understanding of different research techniques (within qualitative, quantitative, and sensory research) and their application to product development.
- Solid understanding of statistical design & analysis; demonstrated ability to apply statistics to sensory projects, and to analyze and interpret data using Excel, XLSTAT, or SAS.
- High degree of initiative and attention to detail; works with a sense of urgency.
- Strong critical thinking & problem solving skills and the ability to accurately record, organize & analyze data
- Ability to deliver insights to partners in a compelling, storytelling way to influence cross-functional partners & business decisions
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong collaboration skills amongst cross-functional partners and the broader organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of sensory testing software (such as Compusense or SIMS) desired
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture