Product Insights ResearcherApply Now Job ID: R0000129864 job family: Market Research schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
PRODUCT INSIGHTS RESEARCHER – home brand focused
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Product Design and Management organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for delighting our guests. We concept, develop and make the owned brands and products that Target guests expect and deserve. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the owned brands and products that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on food & beverage, home, essentials, beauty, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
The product insights team is the insights arm to bring owned brands to life by defining and developing brands, products, and packaging that appeal to the needs of the consumer targets. Uncovering insights to create disproportionate value and differentiation for Target owned brands. The team is in service of unlocking possibilities and identifying ways to build differentiated owned brands, products, and packages. Do you enjoy imagining the future and challenging the status quo? Do you enjoy learning about people? Do you celebrate dimensions of difference and enjoy creating an inclusive culture? Do you have a strong growth mindset, focused on learning and curiosity? Then take your place in a role in which your positive influence is felt throughout the entire owned brand, from upfront innovation, brand development all the way through to product and packaging activation.
As a Product Insights Research, you’ll provide guidance and recommendations to cross functional teams to inform brand, packaging, and product development efforts. You’ll lead aspects of primary quantitative research, utilizing a variety of research techniques; you’ll also manage vendor relationships, as needed. With guidance, you will partner with the brand management, product design teams, and enterprise insights to build and execute holistic learning plans to meet the needs of the business. You’ll scope and lead aspects of primary qualitative and quantitative research, utilizing a variety of research techniques; you’ll also manage vendor relationships, as needed. From method selection to analysis & reporting, you’ll be tasked with delivering the insights that help Target be more guest-centric. Serve as a catalyst to put the guest at the center of our owned brands, products, and packaging. You’ll keep challenged by staying abreast of developments in the research field, bringing in new methods to expand Target’s repertoire. And though the role is focused heavily on Target’s home businesses, there’s opportunity to expand your influence into all areas of the store.
We’ll support you along the way with robust onboarding, as well as personal and career development, to help you grow as a Product Insights Researcher. The exciting part of retail? It’s always changing! Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4 year degree; B.S/B.A. in marketing/market research, anthropology, psychology/sociology, statistics, food science/sensory science, journalism, product design or related field
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Market/Consumer/Design Research
- Working knowledge or expertise in quantitative research methods and their application to innovation, brand, product, or packaging development; familiarity and openness to learn qualitative research
- Analytical thinker who can translate data into actionable insights and recommendations
- Strong growth mindset, focused on learning and curiosity
- Experience leveraging your persuasive oral and written communication skills to communicate data in intuitive, visual ways to cross functional partners
- Experience in storytelling to compel action in a manner that fits the audience to push for decisions that are right for the business, people and planet
- Experience leading end-to-end research, from scoping to planning, executing and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects (both small and large) at various stages in the project life cycle and adjust to changing priorities
- Proven ability to build strong cross functional and client relationships, with empathy as a key component
- Passion for experimental design research and seeks out innovative research methodologies
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture