Project Manager - Supply Chain Activation EngineeringApply Now Job ID: R0000061668 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. We are on a journey to transform our internal supply chain, an expansive network of distribution and fulfillment centers, into a world-class, high speed, maximum throughput, omni-channel replenishment and last mile delivery e-commerce enterprise. Wherever and whenever our Guests choose to shop Target, the Global Supply Chain & Logistics team is committed to ensuring that the products our Guests need will always be available in our stores or online delivered on time, every time.
The Project Manager working on the Supply Chain Engineering team will project manage and engineer the design and activation of world class supply chain automation projects that will result in an enhanced Guest experience by increasing the speed and accuracy of processing of goods through the internal supply chain. By owning a workstream within a project you will work on identifying, sequencing and delivering requirements to propel Target’s supply chain forward to meet current and future needs. Your time will be spent preparing and analyzing information, making decisions on appropriate material and facility engineering sequencing, all to ensure the broader Engineering & Activation team is aligned in service of the Activation Engineering function. The initial assignment will be based on careful consideration of the candidate’s previous experience along with the candidate’s own personal and professional career aspirations. This position will report to the Director of Activation Engineering.
Positions are currently available to fill based out of the Target headquarters offices in Minneapolis, MN.
- Develop project plans based on engineering project lifecycle phases
- Own workstreams within a project including the project work stream schedule to critical path, costs to budget, and resources to capacity
- Provide project work stream level inputs to cross functional teams and program management
- Maintain all project documentation and provide regular and accurate status updates with attention to details
- Develop internal tools & templates to assist with scheduling, budgeting, tracking & managing projects
- Troubleshoot, resolve, & escalate installation issues quickly & effectively
- Assist in creation of installation and system acceptance testing specifications & standards
- Assist with ongoing continuous improvement activities and solicit feedback on project activation performance
- Learn, familiarize and promote all industry and regulatory safety requirements & procedures
- Collaborate effectively across all internal and external stakeholders including vendors, internal engineering team, operations & facility teams
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study (Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain, etc)
- Ability to effectively collaborate with and influence numerous internal and external partners
- Strong foundation of mathematical/analytical principles
- Ability to problem solve, create project plans, and deliver results
- Desire to learn new capabilities and enable others to do the same
- Willing to take risks, challenge the status quo and work under ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to learn & apply implementing solutions using basic project management principles.
- Natural ability to speak and write effectively at all organizational levels.
- Ability to quickly learn & apply design software applications e.g. AutoCAD
- Ability to travel at short notice- up to 40% (varies by project phase)
Preferred Qualifications & Experiences
- Experience with material flow methodologies including sequencing, kitting, repack, etc.
- Experience with facility layouts, & construction
- Experience with distribution and/or logistics process flows & operations
- Experience with lean, six sigma, & other continuous improvement concepts & methodologies
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture