PSQA EngineerApply Now Job ID: R0000015154 Date posted: 07/16/2019 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
The retail landscape is changing – fast – and Target is evolving along with it. When we created our brand promise of “Expect More. Pay Less.” it paved the way for Target to infuse affordable fashion into our assortment and deliver an outstanding experience for our guests. We are pioneers of innovation with our owned brands and unique partnerships from Archer Farms and A New Day, to Made to Matter and Altuzarra. Today, Target continues to be committed to bringing our guests what they want, when they want it, where they want to shop – in our over 1,800 stores, mobile, online and the retail channels of the future.
ThePSQA Engineeris responsible for delivering quality and safe product to our stores by executing Target’s quality assurance requirements throughout the entire product life cycle process. Assure Vendors deliver safe and quality owned brand products to Target’s Omni-channel Guest by proactively planning, managing and executing Target’s compliance and quality assurance initiatives
Responsible to assure the quality, safety and integrity for all owned brand products and validate regulatory compliance for and issue compliance documentation for a subset of owned and non-owned brand products. Execute and maintain global policy & procedures creation, modification and implementation for headquarters and field processes to meet compliance and quality requirements.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Product Safety Quality Assurance Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Utilize knowledge of product engineering/manufacturing, engineering principles and tools, raw materials characteristics, and intended product use of categories assigned.
- Lead, assess and resolve product failures and inspection issues; working proactively with vendor, factory, global and HQ PSQA team and PIR to assure timely and appropriate closure.
- Develop and assess testing protocols, and assure protocols incorporate appropriate elements, regulatory requirements and general testing performance for categories assigned.
- Lead product investigation issues with the Product Investigations Recall team to ensure appropriate vendor corrective actions are implemented mitigating risk
- Maintain Compliance and Quality Management Overview to demonstrate how Target meets legal obligations as requested by governmental agency or a product liability litigator, as appropriate.
- Proactive involvement in product development and quality/cost review including milestone measurements to assure proper insertion of QA process and use of elevated QA requirements for product and factory risk.
- Support global PSQA field and Sourcing team in escalation process, risk mitigation and in negotiation of production exit strategies for non-compliant factories.
- Analyze and report overall trends for the PSQA program, such as Guest Relations Reporting, Testing, Product Shipped Risk Report, etc…
- Effectively communicate quality direction, policy and procedure throughout the organization, vendors, and factories.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (mechanical, material, industrial, multi-discipline etc.) and/or other technical disciplines (i.e. Quality Management, Textile Science) equivalent and/or retail compliance, quality management, product or manufacturing industry equivalent.
0 - 5 years of work experience
- Knowledge of quality control/assurance processes and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications and use.
- Collaborative focus and ability to work successfully across functional areas.
Proficient with solution based manufacturing in end to end process.
Proficient with product issue resolution and corrective and preventative execution.
Technical understanding of raw materials characteristics.
Manufacturing processes, and realistic product use for categories assigned.
- Able to read and interpret statutes and legislations into PSQA compliance and quality program.
- Knowledge of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), which contains all of the process and technical details necessary to comply with regulations, certification, and due care, which gives Target the expertise necessary to ensure that vendors’ documents meet the law.
- Ability to understand and implement appropriate industry standards such as ASTM, ANSI, BIFMA and BSI
Experience in developing testing requirements
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture