Senior Analyst - Guest IntelligenceApply Now Job ID: R0000062588 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Senior Analyst – Guest Intelligence
As a Senior Analyst – Guest Intelligence, you will be working on the Enterprise Insights team to define, analyze and socialize insights that make a difference to how guests experience and build a relationship with Target. You will be responsible for understanding consumer, competitive and industry trends and their broader business implications, identifying and prioritizing opportunities to uncover unmet guest needs and helping business partners develop guest-centric strategies.
Your commitment to understanding guest attitudes and behaviors and identifying actionable insights will directly impact Target's business results. It is essential that the successful candidate be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust and respect with peers and partners.
Research & Program Management
- Lead or support (depending on project scope) the design, execution, and interpretation of a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies with external agencies. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Mine existing primary research, tracking programs, and syndicated sources to ensure a holistic understanding of consumer perceptions of Target and competitors
- Maintain and improve reports to answer business questions
- Support scope, design and recommendation of the optimal research approach to diagnose and address the strategic problem, using primary and secondary research, both qualitative and quantitative in nature
- Execute custom research by managing external agencies and educating key internal partners on approach and content to minimize bias in interpretation
- Work with agency partners on the development of questionnaires and discussion guidelines
- Analyze data to draw both qualitative and quantitative conclusions
- Manage overall project timeline, budget/forecast and agency billing
- Build a solid knowledge base on the consumer, competitive landscape and changing dynamics influencing consumer behavior
- Stay current on industry research best practices
- Leverage a full range of insight generating tools to synthesize various data resources and create holistic insights
- Lead the development of presentation materials for relevant projects and ad-hoc requests, customizing output for the needs of each client group
- Ensure insight is actionable, clear, timely and accurate in supporting key Target initiatives
- Provide a consumer-centric point of view and help build guest empathy with cross-functional partners
- Work with partners to define project scope and expected deliverables
- Partner across the Guest Experience team to provide one source of truth leveraging industry best practices, evolving analysis and pushing analytical capabilities.
- Four-year degree with strong academic performance
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Prior consumer/market/design research experience required, quantitative research preferred
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to translate concepts into consumer research methodologies and tools
- Strong analytical, decision-making, project management, and critical thinking skills
- Passionate and knowledgeable about strategic analysis
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and accurately with a track record of success in dealing effectively with complex projects
- Track record of success in dealing effectively with a variety of projects
- Ability to work independently, curious learner and self-starter
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture