Senior Analyst, Transportation PerformanceApply Now Job ID: R0000073645 job family: Transportation schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
Inbound Transportation Performance team is a group of intellectually curious managers and analysts that generate insights using data that supports our transportation execution partners. Our goal is to work hand in hand with our carrier managers to minimize on-time delivery, increase speed to guest, and reduce transportation spend which, ultimately, creates value for Target Corp. and maximizes guest satisfaction. The team currently uses a wide variety of analytics tools including Hive, Smartsheet, R, Python, SQL, and proprietary BI platforms (similar to Tableau) to work with small, sparse datasets as well as big data platforms like Hadoop. The Senior Analyst of Inbound Transportation Performance will play a central leadership role in supporting these initiatives. This person will initially be responsible for identifying and exploring data sets in order to create actionable metrics and reports for operations teams, managing and improving processes described by their analysis, and using that analysis to influence peers, leaders, and third party partners to improve Target’s transportation performance.
As a Senior Analyst, you will:
- Develop scalable solutions and key performance indicators to monitor supply chain performance
- Perform complex data analysis to identify root causes and implement corrective actions
- Streamline and simplify complex business processes through technology
- Use data and metrics to deeply understand the business, identify areas in need of improvement, influence others, and measure the impact of actions.
- Inspire intellectual curiosity around operational improvement opportunities
- Advocate for decisions based on what is good for Target holistically and act as agents for change instead of accepting the status quo.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, engineering, operations research, analytics, or a related field.
- Expertise in SQL, ETL, and BI (Tableau, Domo, etc) experience in a large-scale, complex business environment
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic, and can easily work with others, regardless of their analytical proficiency or technical competence
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Can make decisions with little to no guidance from manager or other leaders
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Experience in distribution or transportation
- Experience working on Big Data technologies like Hadoop and Hive
- Familiarity with R and Python
- 6Sigma experience
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture