Senior Data Scientist, Test/Measurement - Grace Hopper ConferenceApply Now Job ID: R0000093550 job family: Data Science schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOIN TARGET DATA SCIENCES AS A SR DATA SCIENTIST
Join Target’s Data Science and Analytics team where your goal will be to accelerate omni-channel experimentation to foster a culture of continuous innovation at Target. We believe that continuous innovation is critical to delivering and exceeding our brand promise of “Expect More Pay Less” to Target’s guests irrespective of their preferred channel of engagement and commerce. You will enable continuous innovation and drive business performance in our Data Sciences team.
A role with Data Science and Analytics is a chance to help develop our in-house strength for getting the maximum value from Target’s many data assets. We see data as a product and an opportunity to experiment and refine our approach to new guest experiences. Together, we positively impact changes to various initiatives, processes and interdependencies that require exceptional data collection, measurement and analysis—ultimately leading to quicker and more meaningful decision-making. This is a role for someone passionate about data, feature experimentation and business strategy.
As a Senior Data Scientist in DSA you’ll:
- Serve as an advocate of our data-driven culture with Product, Business and Engineering to help them utilize insights that’ll direct their efforts towards initiatives with highest impacts
- Develop statistical models to drive efficient analysis practices, providing metrics on model performance
- Execute solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, forecasting, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics
- Analyze and explore data in our Hadoop ecosystem, work with the product manager to design in-product experiments, analyze the results, and provide strategic recommendations.
- Synthesize analysis and results in compelling storylines and communicate to key stakeholders. You should have the ability to tell a story around the problem, the solution and the impact and value of implementing a solution
- Partner closely with our Product Managers and/or business partners to identify gaps in product offering by conducting comprehensive data analysis, and accelerating the analytics maturity (predictive & prescriptive) in key product areas
- Define data to be collected for measuring the success of new product features or business strategies, define KPIs, and work with engineering on tracking and instrumentation of data
- Strive for query optimization problems on large data sets
- Design and build self-service dashboards using a mixture of analytical and visualization techniques to derive actionable insight from data to influences business decisions
- Democratize data and insights as you strive to deliver self-service tools to your partners and enable them to make better decisions quicker
- M.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Bio Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or related work experience
- 3+ years of experience deploying algorithms in a production environment
- 4+ years of experience using data science and technology approaches to solve real business problems
- Proficiency at scale with the following: SQL, Python, R, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, visualization software, etc.
- Understand technical and analytical approaches - predictive modeling
- Fluency in at least 1 analytic business domain such as 1:1 loyalty, marketing measurement, merchandising, supply chain, pricing/markdown optimization, etc.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak to both business and technical teams as well as clearly translate ideas between them
- Comfort with ambiguity and open-ended problems
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture