Senior Engineering Manager - Web EngineeringApply Now Job ID: R0000105290 job family: Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
About This Opportunity
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead a web Front-End engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication, flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
Target eCommerce business is on the hyper growth trajectory and web platform is the critical driver to grow the new customer Acquisition with average daily visits trending in double digit millions. Web team owns the overall Target.com experience, Platform and Web infra team and drive the engineering solution across different initiative focused on Product and Platform needs.
The Web engineering group is tasked with building that best-in-class experience for Customers with their specific needs across multi categories like Grocery, Home, Fashion, Electronics, etc. or whether they need to explore new deals across the site.
We are looking for an exceptional engineering manager to help lead and grow one of the scrum team focused on building a specific customer journey with a craftmanship across engineering practices and KPIs.
As Engineering Manager For The Web Team, You Will:
- Lead the team to drive projects/Initiatives from idea formulation, to design, and to implementation.
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach for the project need.
- Drive great partnership with the product, UX and Analytics teams.
- Set team strategy and be accountable for team plans and deliverables.
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Grow and build a strong, healthy, and diverse team through hiring as well mentoring and coaching.
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience in building/implementing scalable and lightning fast Front-End web applications
- 2+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional project.
- Strong hands-on skills. Can drill deep into the complex system design and implementation when needed.
- Strong experience in managing customer facing applications through reliability and resiliency fundamentals.
- Extensive and strong development experience in cloud environments, such as GCP is a plus.
- Experience operating medium to large scale initiatives.
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation.
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture