Senior Fabric Engineer (Denim)Apply Now Job ID: R0000132875 job family: Product Design Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
A role in Material Engineering means being on a team of material engineers who create products that truly embody the intent of Target-owned brands and deliver on guests wants and needs.
Do you have an understanding of Denimand wash related processes, controls and technological needs for manufacturing a quality product? Can you ensure that each product has just the right mix of style, quality and value? Do you have a pulse on the right material trends, manufacturing advances and industry leading technology or innovation that meet strategic business goals? Do you have a strong knowledge of government regulations, safety protocols and performance standards for textiles.
Then you’ll have success on our talented and innovative team. Here, you will be responsible for developing a Denim and Wash Material strategy, develop and engineer fabrics and finishes that meet our quality, responsible sourcing and performance standards and align to long range plans. You will provide fabric and finishing technical expertise to internal cross-functional partners. You will analyze consumer and market trends to develop and recommend Brand right material palettes.
You will build technical specifications and communicate with Global Team Members, and the supply chain including raw materials suppliers, chemical suppliers and garment vendors.
You will collaborate with internal partners to update quality standards and raw materials based on industry trends and benchmarking. You will play a key role in translating material priorities to Global partners.
You’ll leverage collective expertise to suggest improvements to cost of goods, assembly, sustainability and ROI.
You’ll also collaborate with the supply chain and global partners to develop and build brand stewardship and ensure that the brand vision is clearly understood and successfully brought to life with every product we offer.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Engineering degree in textiles, materials or equivalent based on specialization
- 7-10 years Denim and Wash experience
- Expert technical knowledge of yarn spinning, weaving, knitting, dyeing, printing and finishing processes
- Experience in engineering sustainable fabrics
- Experience in engineering and validating guest-centric performance claims
- Strong knowledge of US Federal, State and Local Regulations related to apparel and textile industry
- Strong knowledge of textile testing methods and performance standards
- Strong knowledge of apparel manufacturing (cut and sew)
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture