Senior Manager, FP&A TransformationApply Now Location: 1000 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55403-2542; job id: R0000151842
job family: Financial Planning & Analysis
schedule: Full time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a financial analyst or a behind-the-scenes number cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You willbring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you willbe an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target’s unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Accounting, you willenjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you willhave a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You willsee your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. In addition,you willgrow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life
outside of work.
resources. All of your good work will help elevate and maintain Target as one of the world’s most recognized and best-loved retail brands.
Arole within the FP&A Transformationteammeans helping to connect processes, from strategy to guest, to drive continuous improvements that are sustainable.You will be a part of ateam within Target that has visibility into where we have opportunities to improve how we execute, plan, and prioritize work and continue to elevate the way we meet the needs of the Guest across FP&A, Finance, and theEnterprise. You will use your influencing skills to help operationalize and activatehow the organization works together connecting roles and
responsibilities and how work is successfully accomplished.
As aSenior Manager,FP&A Transformation, you will work alongside business leaderstoassess the needs of FP&A and the business, understand the current situation, identify drivers for improvement, analyze root causes of performance gaps, and redesign end-to-end processes. You will support an environment that reinforces continuous improvement ofbusiness processes, increases consistency, reduces guest pain points and empowers other team members to enhance the value of the service they provide to guests.
- Lead the concurrent delivery of several key work-streams within the overall FP&A Transformation program.
- Recommend and implement business processand system improvements
- Support developing, designing, and implementing Finance leading practices.
- Work directly with FP&A finance teams to support them in their adoption and application of new financial processes and practices.
- Drive commitment in the business transformation project as a whole.
- Aid the organizational efforts to implement new engagement modelswith business partners.
- Partner with the Finance Capabilitiesorganization in continued development of data analytics capabilities and related tools that can be used to provide insights into company performanceimprove forecasting and increase operating efficiency.
- Four year degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (i.e. retail, consulting, process improvement, project management, etc.)
- Outstanding written, oral, communication, networking, and presentation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills characterized by effective interactions with a diverse range of internal and external constituents, stakeholders, and audiences
- Ability to listen to varying inputs and perspectives, synthesize, and createan output,action plan, and/or communications plan
- Ability to establish and maintain trusted cross-functional working relationships across the enterprise
- Outstanding leadership, conflict management and ability to champion change management
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous and rapidly changing work environment
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to use data and appropriate storytelling to influence senior leaders and supportyour perspective
- evelopment, deployment, execution, and ownership of best practices for process management
- Ability to work independently with limited direction
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture