Senior Product Designer - Design System/Target AppApply Now Job ID: INF000D9O Date posted: 11/29/2018 Location: 0501 - HQ MN Minneapolis Downtown, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Senior Product (UX) Designer – Design System, Target App
The Senior Product Designer for Design Systems, Target App is responsible for defining, documenting and managing design patterns to ensure world-class app experiences for Target guests. The Senior Product Designer will partner closely with the Apps design team and the Design System team to design consistent, reusable patterns and will also play a key role in providing visibility to the Apps team the updates and changes to the pattern library.
The successful candidate must be able to show specific work samples that illustrate a working knowledge of design pattern libraries and design systems at scale.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. Take the lead as you…
- Assist with maintaining a pattern library of UI and design elements, together with engineers, accessibility and Design System team to ensure reusable, proven and tested patterns are documented and socialized to individual tools teams.
- Develop a process for new component or pattern design to be accepted in the Design System.
- Support the Lead and Principal Designers in your product area with all design pattern development, documentation and delivery.
- Support & collaborate with the Design System team to ensure App patterns & components adhere to the standards defined by the Design System team.
- Follow through on delivery: Own production design with an eye for detail and efficiency to create detailed design documents and assets to support App designers, Design Systems team & engineers.
- Collaborate wildly well with others including other designers, engineers, product managers, QA staff, accessibility team members, and partners in marketing
- Consult with other teams across Target (e.g., Apps Product Teams, Target Creative, Pricing & Promotions, Item, etc.) to ensure cohesiveness of the App ecosystem for the gues
- 4+ years’ experience in digital software product work with emphasis in UX design, interface design, interaction design, pattern libraries and design systems.
- Experience designing native mobile apps (iOS and/or Android) along with current knowledge of platform human interface guidelines and material design standards.
- Expert skills in design and prototyping tools (includes Sketch, Invision, Illustrator, Photoshop or equivalent)
- Must work well independently and have the ability to collaborate successfully with leads on large-scale projects and initiatives involving multiple cross-functional teams
- Must be an exceptional collaborator and persuader
- Must be able to work well in a matrixed environment
- Must be able to present well and articulate and defend design decisions with grace, logic and data
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: User Experience, UX Architect, UX Designer, iOs Designer, Android Designer, Mobile App Designer, Mobile App Architect, Design Systems, Pattern Libraries, Style Guides
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture