Senior Product Designer (UX) - Enterprise Tools (Owned Brands)Apply Now Job ID: R0000077436 job family: User Experience & Interface schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Senior Product Designer (UX) - Enterprise Tools (Owned Brands)
The Senior Product Designer for Target.com is responsible for defining, strategizing, leading, and creating employee experiences to build world-class digital experiences for internal teams at Target. The product designer will craft UX strategy, participate in product discovery through testing and research, sketching concepts, defining information architecture, building prototypes, and will collaborate with product managers, engineers and other partners across the globe.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand product organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for delighting our guests. We concept, develop, make and deliver great new products that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and quality experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. Take the lead as you…
- Understand how to incorporate both qualitative and quantitative research into design processes and be able to articulate and defend design decisions using these findings as a guide.
- Lead a gamut of UX related tasks, such as applying user-centered design, supporting and conducting UX research activities by interviewing large sets of users, journey mapping and debriefs. Additionally, generating new concepts and hypotheses via wireframes, mockups and prototypes, testing ideas and rapidly iterating on new solutions, as needed.
- Follow through on delivery: own production design with an eye for detail and efficiency to create detailed design documents and assets to support engineering in shipping digital product out the door.
- Collaborate wildly well with others including other designers, engineers, product owners, QA staff, accessibility consultants, and executives.
- Become an advocate to Target employees & partners by understanding their journey, goals and how they are connected to our guest and business goals.
- Consult with other teams across Target to ensure cohesiveness of the app ecosystem for internal users and external users.
- Assist with maintaining a pattern library of UI and design elements, together with engineers and accessibility, to ensure that reusable, proven and tested patterns are documented and socialized to other teams throughout the enterprise.
- 4+ years of experience in digital software product work with emphasis in research activities, information architecture, facilitating design workshops, UX design and interaction design
- Proficient visual and aesthetic design skills; including layout, color and typographic skills
- Expert skills in prototyping tools (includes Sketch, Invision, Figma, Adobe XD, Photoshop or equivalent)
- Experience in both in-person and remote UX research methodologies and ability to partner with research experts
- Experience in analyzing or manipulating 3D assets
- Must work well independently and have the ability to successfully lead large-scale projects and initiatives involving multiple cross-functional teams
- Must be an exceptional collaborator and persuader
- Experience in leading efforts involving diversified user bases and stakeholders
- Must understand the importance and ways to create inclusive and accessible experiences
- Must be able to work well in a matrixed environment
- Must be able to present well and articulate and defend design decisions with grace, logic and data
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture