Senior Project Manager Supply Chain - Activation Engineering TeamApply Now Job ID: R0000121311 job family: Supply Chain Process & Operations schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. We are on a journey to transform our internal supply chain, an expansive network of distribution and fulfillment centers, into a world-class, high speed, maximum throughput, omni-channel replenishment and last mile delivery e-commerce enterprise. Where ever and whenever our Guests choose to shop Target, the Global Supply Chain & Logistics team is committed to ensuring that the products our Guests need will always be available in our stores or online delivered on time, every time.
A role in HQ Engineering and Activation means being at the heart of our perpetual reimagining. This group is the think tank and laboratory for the innovative ideas that spark change throughout the Supply Chain. We are inventors, metrics masters, data geeks, testers, triers, course-correctors and askers of the all-important question “What if …?”. This team influences processes, engineers the robotics and automation to support those processes, activates solutions sustainably across the network and manages those assets. Your specific expertise—whether it’s people, process, technology, or data—will be felt well beyond the boundaries of the Supply Chain organization, positively impacting Target team members and guests alike.
About the Job:
As an Engineering and Activation Senior Project Manager, you will manage components of major projects that involve the implementation of advanced material handling and robotic equipment. Your responsibilities vary across a range of critical project implementation needs. You will be responsible for ensuring correct installation and setup of MHE and controls by material handling vendors. Developing modeling and analytics tools to support root cause analysis and inventory flow optimization. Managing testing activities and coordination across teams to sequence activities and prioritize critical work efforts. The initial assignment will be based on careful consideration of the candidate’s previous experience along with the candidate’s own personal and professional career aspirations. This position will report to the Director of Activation Engineering.
- Develop analytical models for product flow that enhance understanding of supply chain data and product flow
- Work with cross organizational teams to develop project plans based on engineering project lifecycle phases
- Provide project level inputs to cross functional teams and program management
- Collaborate effectively across all internal and external stakeholders including vendors, internal engineering team, operations & facility teams
- Execute using repeatable, internal tools & templates to assist with scheduling, budgeting, tracking & managing projects
- Manage vendor activation activities including implementation schedules, design reviews, change requests and contingency spending approvals
- With support from the Lead Project Manager, coordinate with vendors, construction partners and site level experts to ensure accurate and on time delivery of material handling systems.
- Maintain installation and system acceptance testing specifications & standards
- Test and accept all in-scope project related deliverables including supply chain process automation and various material handling systems included storage structures
- Maintain, manage and close-out project punch lists in a timely and cost-effective manner. Assist with ongoing continuous improvement activities and solicit feedback on project activation performance
- Execute hand off strategies to Field Operations teams at the achievement of project deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Project Management discipline
- 3 or more years of combined experience in material handling, automation, manufacturing, supply chain and/or distribution and logistics industries
- Proven ability to use data to measure and improve operational outcomes
- Strong foundation of mathematical/analytical principles
- Experience with automated conveyor systems and controls
- Experience with project management strategies required for complex and dynamic projects with very short lead times.
- Candidate must be capable to work with minimal supervision or direction.
- Ability to problem solve, create project plans, and deliver results
- Desire to learn new capabilities and enable others to do the same
- Willing to take risks, challenge the status quo and work under ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to learn & apply implementing solutions using basic project management principles.
- Natural ability to speak and write effectively at all organizational levels.
- Proficiency with standard project planning software applications
- Ability to travel at short notice- up to 40% (varies by project phase)
Preferred Qualifications & Experiences
- Experience with facility layouts, & construction
- Experience with distribution and/or logistics process flows & operations
- Experience with lean, six sigma, & other continuous improvement concepts & methodologies
- Project management professional “PMP” training
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture