Product Design Sr. Manager - Data ScienceApply Now Job ID: R0000082014 job family: User Experience & Interface schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Our purpose is to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. As a Product Design Sr. Manager on the Data Science team you’ll take the lead as you and your growing team bring that purpose to life across all of Target. The Data Science team impacts nearly all of Target and helps the organization make data-driven decisions by empowering our people with real-time results and insights.
You’ll be responsible for the creation of strategic design deliverables as well as the performance and development of a future team of product designers whose work spans related product teams and end-to-end data science experiences. The Sr. Manager will lead by doing in order to provide work direction and guidance ensuring that the team is continually experimenting, through product discovery, with both next-generation ideas and optimizations in support of Target’s business strategies.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. Take the lead as you…
- Work cross-functionally with Product Directors and Engineering Managers to establish priorities and the creation of user experience and design deliverables that provide product vision and strategic direction
- Influence the business & technology strategy and experience creation by representing the voice of the Team Members that use the tools, and by providing insights regarding best practices and current industry standards in data science tooling.
- Surface risks and interdependencies, projects and systems and work with partners to identify and implement plausible solutions/contingency plans.
- Constructively challenge current thinking across the enterprise, pushing boundaries and driving change that will deliver exceptional user-centric experiences.
- Understand and execute UX governance model, including creation and maintenance of standards, such as reusable design patterns and style guides.
- Recruit, hire and mentor world-class UX talent that exceed expectations of product and business partners and leadership.
- Prioritize UX resources and the work they’re involved in, placing team members on high priority initiatives that complement their skills, career ambitions and growth opportunities.
- Continually coach UX team members on tactical design skills, soft skills and growth within their careers.
- Keep a pulse on data, both qualitative and quantitative as well as using industry benchmarking and emerging trends to track Target’s performance and potential.
- Experience with Data driven and metrics related tools that help drive insights, (like metrics dashboards, Data Visualization examples, DOMO, Adobe Analytics or similar tools).
- 7+ years experience in digital software product work, with user experience emphases in research, UX architecture, interaction design and/or visual design.
- Must provide examples of successful UX team leadership and mentoring
- Expert skills in wireframing, design, and prototyping tools (includes Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch, Invision, Illustrator, Photoshop or equivalent)
- Experience in both in-person and remote UX research methodologies and ability to conduct or partner with research expert
- Proven ability to successfully lead large-scale projects and initiatives involving multiple cross-functional teams
- Must be an exceptional collaborator and persuader
- Must be able to work well in a matrixed environment
- Must be able to present well and articulate and defend design decisions with grace, logic and data
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture