Small Formats Senior Buyer | Domestics/Dec Home/Storage/UtilityApply Now Job ID: R0000084473 job family: Buying schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
JOIN THE EVOLUTION OF RETAIL – AS A TARGET SMALL FORMATS SENIOR BUYER
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $70 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target’s resources and partnerships worldwide, Merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role with the Localization and Small Format merchandising team means delivering a locally relevant guest experience. Through curating assortments that are right for each neighborhood in both our existing stores and our growing portfolio of small format stores, you’ll create value for guests and communities while seeing your work benefit all of Target.
As the Sr. Buyer of Small Formats, Domestics/Dec Home/Storage/Utility, you will lead the synthesis of guest insights, industry trends, market data and category sales to develop a merchandising strategy for Home that curates relevant product assortments to deliver on guest trip missions in small format stores.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Deeply understand guest shopping behavior and assortment requirements based on guest demographics, store size, and market nuances.
- Leverage strong thought and strategic leadership to create curated, localized merchandising strategies for Domestics, Dec Home, and Storage/Utility categories in Small Format stores. Partner closely with Merchandising DMMs and core merchant and planning teams to ensure curated product selection is declarative, guest relevant and operationally sound.
- Utilize data and insights to provide clear category assortment direction by store cluster and size for Transitions, Revisions and New Store planograms, with core merchant team alignment.
- Develop data driven and analytical approach to determine optimal category space allocation and adjacency strategy by store cluster.
- Lead cross functional team of Space and Presentation, IM Ops, Store Ops, Visual Merchandising, Localization, and Marketing to manage Small Format assortment strategy execution and communication. Provide indirect leadership to Home Small Formats Associate Buyer.
- Understand broad company and pyramid initiatives to recommend approach for Small Format stores.
- Develop financial goals and other performance metrics that will demonstrate success and guide assortment decision making.
- Analyze current Small Format sales and profit performance to inform assortment strategy and provide recommendations for future cycle planning. Share performance, learnings, and future updates quarterly with core division merchandising teams.
- Foster a test and learn culture to quickly test ideas to accelerate localization impact while simplifying the execution of micro-level initiatives.
- Provide input to shape both short and long term capabilities needed to operationalize local assortment curation and manage increased complexity.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years Retail Merchandising or Planning experience, preference for Style experience
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to lead key initiatives and CFT
- Strong strategic and analytical skills with a bias for action
- Compelling written and verbal communication skills
- Experience influencing key business partners, including peers and leaders
- Demonstrates courage and high resiliency, comfortable working in “grey areas”
- Performance-driven individual who can hold others accountable in a highly collaborative manner
- Respects, appreciates and is curious about diversity in relation to working with others, committed to developing an inclusive team
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture