Software Engineer - Emerging Engineer ProgramApply Now Job ID: R0000067059 schedule: Full time Location: 33 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
0591 HQ Target Northern Campus,7000 Target Parkway North,Brooklyn Park,Minnesota,United States,55445
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services (TTS) is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
The Emerging Engineer Program is designed to put you on the fast track toward developing best in class technology skills. You will work hands-on with a TTS team, solving problems and creating technology solutions for both Target teams and guests. You will have hands on experience, working alongside Engineers while also receiving best in class technical training intended to help you become a world class engineer. Use your skills, experiences and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
As a Software Engineer in the Emerging Engineer Program, you will:
- Use your technology acumen to provide input to assist with evaluation of new technologies and contribute to the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services.
- Contribute to research and proof-of-concept initiatives for new technologies and assist with code and design review, as well as write, organize and maintain code based on designs.
- With guidance, you’ll deliver high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables. You’ll participate in structured construction, automation, debugging, and implementation activities, ensuring architectural and operational requirements and best practices are met.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and disaster recovery activities and participate in functional integration and regression testing and ability to automate test scripts.
- Resolve frequently encountered technical issues and monitors systems capacity with minimal assistance, and search and understand metadata about various data sources and metrics.
- Actively participate in continued professional skill development through on the job training and class room training.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Strong technical aptitude
- 2+ years of work experience
- Basic proficiency in at least one programming language desired
- Some computer science education, coding bootcamp or coding experience
- Problem solver who can tackle complex technical challenges
- Understand and introduced to current and emerging technologies
- Interested in new and evolving technologies and explores learning related to these technologies
- Like collaborating with a team and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to learn technologies, programming languages and full-stack engineering
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture