Software Engineer- Technology Leadership ProgramApply Now Job ID: R0000090802 job family: Intern;Technology Engineering schedule: Full time Location: 33 S 6th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55402-3601;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services (TTS) is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
The Technology Leadership Program (TLP) is designed to put you on the fast track toward developing best in class leadership and technology skills. You will rotate through two TTS teams, while experiencing a variety of all that TTS has to offer. During these rotations, you will work alongside experienced Engineers while also receiving hands-on technical and leadership training. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
As an Engineer in the Technology Leadership Program, you will use your technology acumen to provide input to assist with evaluation of new technologies and contribute to the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services. You will contribute to research and proof-of-concept initiatives for new technologies and assist with code and design review, as well as write, organize and maintain code based on designs. With guidance, you’ll deliver high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables. You’ll participate in structured construction, automation, debugging, and implementation activities, ensuring architectural and operational requirements and best practices are met. You will also participate in disaster recovery planning and disaster recovery activities and participate in functional integration and regression testing and ability to automate test scripts. You will resolve frequently encountered technical issues and monitors systems capacity with minimal assistance, and search and understand metadata about various data sources and metrics.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four-year degree with strong academic experience, or equivalent experience
- Problem solver who can tackle complex technical challenges
- Demonstrates proficiency in at least one programming language
- Demonstrates familiarity with current and emerging technologies in own scope of responsibility, and develops ability to apply these technologies
- Demonstrates and continuously builds upon domain-specific knowledge
- Understands the concepts of distributed programming and applies it to their domain
- Possesses working knowledge of transaction codes/master data used within specific domain and participates in building custom solutions in the package
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Like collaborating with a team and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant work or internship experience is highly preferred
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
What’s it like to work here? We’re asked that a lot. Target respects and values the individuality of all team members and guests—and we have lots of fun in all that we do.experience our culture